Special Needs

I had my gallbladder out yesterday..

They told me no lifting over 15 pounds, M is 17.5 (again, she lost weight) and P is almost 30lbs.

Peyton is so clingy, i'm hoping that atleast until the weekend (when dh has off) she can stay with my gramma, but i'm not 100% about Morgan.  Both stayed there last night as my surgery didn't end until pretty late and the anesthesia was brutal.  BRUTAL.

It was laparoscopic so that's good, but anyone have any ideas on how to deal with any of them until i'm healed?

On the plus side, my belly button was HUGE from both pregnancies and totally odd looking..I *think* when all is said and done it will be smaller because that's where the largest incision was made. lol--I had to find something good in it, right? 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: I had my gallbladder out yesterday..

• I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I second auntie- have your DH take some time off or have a friend/relative stay and help. You are probably so used to taking care of your daughters, but now you have to take care of yourself for a bit. Good luck!
  • I would suggest pillows and blankets and propping yourself up on the floor so you can play next to them.  Have a "picnic" for lunch on the floor.  Maybe put on a favorite show or movie to distract them. 

Is P able to follow directions?  Maybe give her a game of finding things to keep her occupied?

Other than that, calling somebody would be your best bet.  The good news is, that with laparoscopic the recovery is SO MUCH easier.  I had some exploratory stuff done too on my ribcage while I was under so I had a little bit more to get through, but after about 2-3 days I felt like myself.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Loading the player...
  • Just chiming in to say that I hope you feel better soon. Happy new bellybutton! ; )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine out a few years ago and really could not move much from day two to day four. The abdominal pain from the stretched muscles was a *** and I was lovin the codine. I agree that you should get some help.. Good Luck!
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Thanks for all of the well wishes!

My gramma has said that she will keep the girls again tonight.  My friend Austin came over for a little while today, but I don't really need help doing normal stuff (bathroom,shower, etc) I just know I couldn't handle the girls right now, or the crying, etc.

H doesn't have anymore time off (he had to take yesterday unpaid) and since it's winter (he delivers heating fuel, he can't take anymore time off).  It's odd for it to be so quiet here.  

I'm taking percocet which doesn't make me feel the greatest but does help the pain, somewhat.  H will be off this weekend and isn't on call, so i'm assuming we will go pick the girls up tomorrow after he gets home from work.

I'm glad she's agreeing to keep both of them again, but she said Peyton had been screaming for me.  My gramma is the ONLY other person P will stay with.  

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• I am glad your gramma is helping you. I hope this weekend goes smoothly and you start feeling better! Take it easy!
  • I had mine removed when DS was 9 months old. My in laws took him for the day, I has surgery first thing in the morning. 

I did mine on a Friday so Dh could take only one day off. By that Monday I just tried to do things with him on the floor.  Only time I lifted him was for bedtime.  

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagegremaud07:

I had mine removed when DS was 9 months old. My in laws took him for the day, I has surgery first thing in the morning. 

I did mine on a Friday so Dh could take only one day off. By that Monday I just tried to do things with him on the floor.  Only time I lifted him was for bedtime.  

My surgery was at 1pm on Wednesday, yesterday I would dare to say I actually felt pretty good.  Today, I want to lay in bed and cry..

Please tell me it got worse before it got better? 

• I had laparoscopic surgery when my ds was maybe 6 months old. What I did was have my DH help gather everything I would need for the day and put it all in the living room, even food in a cooler and put it all on the floor that way I could just crawl around and do what I needed. It was standing up and getting back down that was the hard part for me. I ended up with a large hematoma from my surgery, so my recovery was pretty long and rough. Hope you're feeling better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"