Natural Birth
Options

Standing Ground

I have said from day 1 that I plan on having a natural childbirth. I have been faced with nothing but adversity from day 1. I am standing my ground though. I have had a great pregnancy and cant wait for the birth of my LO. I have been unable to obtain Lamaze classes in my area, so I am doing this on my own. I am currently reading "Your Best Birth" by Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein. Does anyone else have ideas or pointers to help me maintain my birth plan? 
BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Standing Ground

• Options

Good for you. Education is your best weapon. Confidence in your body's ability doesn't hurt either :) 

I have had 2 natural births now, both done without any sort of "method" (lamaze, bradley, etc). I had strong support from DH, which was also very important, but it ultimately came down to me knowing what I wanted and what was best for me. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So far I have read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (so empowering and eye opening!) and I am about halfway through a book called Natural Hospital Birth, which I am really enjoying so far. We also watched The Business of Being Born. As of last week, we hired a doula which I am very excited about. 

Childbirth classes are not an option for us where we are living right now ,and without a babysitter for our toddler. I am just focusing on educating myself as much as possible and frequenting boards like this one to stay inspired and motivated over the next 18+ weeks. My husband and the few friends I have shared my birth plan with are very supportive so I'm feeling really good about the whole thing. I started out not 100% confident in myself but now I'm pumped and I know I can do it! I know I won't be changing my mind. 

My advice is just continue to educate yourself and be confident in your plan. Be committed to it and you can do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am pregnant with my first baby, 13 weeks today. I am a real worrier and as much as I dont like pain I came to the conclusion I would rather go through pain that will go away eventually than to put my baby in danger. The hospital I am going to be delivering at does have birthing classes so my husband and I do plan on taking that. I have told some people that I plan on doing natural birth and they just laugh at me and tell me I cant do it, but I am not going to let them sway my decision, so as long as everything goes as planned through the rest of my pregnancy I plan on delivering naturally. Good luck ladies Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"