HomelessParrot — The Bump
Natural Birth

HomelessParrot

I saw that you took bradley classes.

I read the book like it was my bible when I was pregnant. Pink highlighter for me, green for DH. I loved the book. Ended up with a breech preemie at 35 weeks, so I had a c/s, but would like to reread the book next time.
DH's work schedule is so boogled that we can't take the classes.

Do you think someone could use the Bradley Method using the book only??

Thanks!

Anniversary

Belly Bug <3 BFP June 11th, 2010 missed m/c July 7th, 2010<br>

Re: HomelessParrot

• Yes, I think you could do Bradley without taking the classes. For me, the classes helped in that I met like-minded people that were supportive of my decision. I didn't really need the classes to learn the method. The whole gist of Bradley is learning to relax, relax, relax, relax, and work with your body. It also helps you to understand the process of labor so that you are not surprised by anything that happens.

When labor got really intense, pretty much everything I learned went out the window, and I just went with what worked for me (tub, no lights on, total quiet, breathing through contractions, and trying to relax as much as possible).  

I would recommend reading the Susan McCutcheon (sp?) book "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way." I didn't find Bradley's actual book (Husband Coached Childbirth) to be that helpful. I would also recommend watching video after video of natural birth (YouTube, etc). Preparing myself mentally for the challenge was the single most important part of preparation for L&D.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know :) 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image HomelessParrot:

Yes, I think you could do Bradley without taking the classes. For me, the classes helped in that I met like-minded people that were supportive of my decision. I didn't really need the classes to learn the method. The whole gist of Bradley is learning to relax, relax, relax, relax, and work with your body. It also helps you to understand the process of labor so that you are not surprised by anything that happens.

When labor got really intense, pretty much everything I learned went out the window, and I just went with what worked for me (tub, no lights on, total quiet, breathing through contractions, and trying to relax as much as possible).  

I would recommend reading the Susan McCutcheon (sp?) book "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way." I didn't find Bradley's actual book (Husband Coached Childbirth) to be that helpful. I would also recommend watching video after video of natural birth (YouTube, etc). Preparing myself mentally for the challenge was the single most important part of preparation for L&D.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know :) 

That is the book I read! Good, thank you, I will let you know if anything else comes up. Not even KU yet, but like to think ahead.

Anniversary

Belly Bug <3 BFP June 11th, 2010 missed m/c July 7th, 2010<br>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards