Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Any LO in perpetual motion?

Since my daughter was a newborn she has been so active and alert.

She has been army crawling since about 5 months and rolling since about 4. She gets frustrated that she can't walk or stand, because she just wants to go...

Unfortunately eating takes up too much time during the day where she could be spent playing, crawling, rolling and standing (with assistance)

Our pedi calls her the baby who was born standing.

I am starting to get worried about how active she will be during her toddler years.

Anyone else's LO in constant motion? 

My daughter is my hero.

Re: Any LO in perpetual motion?

• Mine!!! It seems like she is non stop from the time she wakes up till the time she goes to sleep. All she wants to do is go go go... Her favorite is to walk with assistance, my back is killing me already from walking bent over holding her hands. I'm a SAHM but I'm exhausted!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine! He is moving non stop, crawling, wiggling, pulling him self up and standing and chasing his brothers or the cat. I dont think there is a corolation between now and toddler years though.
  • Loading the player...
  • You're not alone! This is totally my daughter. She was rolling both ways by 4 months, and army crawling by 5 months. By 6 months she was crawling with her belly up and pulling up to standing.  By 7 months she was cruising the furniture. Now she can stand unassisted for up to a minute.

I think she would go without eating for most of the day if I'd let her - there's just too much other stuff to do/see/touch/climb on/etc.

I'm also concerned what will happen over the next few months, I have a feeling we'll both be very busy!

8/2010 IVF#1 (After many failed/cancelled IUI cycles) 3dt of 2 beautiful embryos - 3 frosties Betas-12dp3dt-215 : 16dp3dt-1175 : 20dp3dt-5088 - Baby Girl born at 38w6d on 5/10/11

2/2013 FET#1 Transfer of 1 9 cell embryo and 1 7 cell compacted embryo. Beta #1 11dp3dFET - 37 Beta #2 13dp3dFET - 71 Beta #3 16dp3dFET - 297 Beta #4 20dp3dFET - 1300  - Blighted Ovum. Natural miscarriage followed by D&C 4/13

5/2013 - Completely natural miracle surprise BFP!!! Beta #1 15dpo - 846 Beta #2 17dpo - 2141 - Baby Boy born at 38w0d on 1/19/14

• imageale_nicu_rn:

You're not alone! This is totally my daughter. She was rolling both ways by 4 months, and army crawling by 5 months. By 6 months she was crawling with her belly up and pulling up to standing.  By 7 months she was cruising the furniture. Now she can stand unassisted for up to a minute.

I think she would go without eating for most of the day if I'd let her - there's just too much other stuff to do/see/touch/climb on/etc.

I'm also concerned what will happen over the next few months, I have a feeling we'll both be very busy!

Today she just really started to realize she can pull herself up.  However she isn't a good sitter, she just doesn't want to bother with being still.  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Yes. DS is always, always, always going. He's been full-on crawling since he was 4.5 months and ever since then, I've been chasing him nonstop. He gets tired of toys, exersaucer, johnny jumper, ANYTHING & EVERYTHING within 5 minutes.

He wants to stand all the time, but he doesn't want help from me. So he pulls up to stand anywhere he goes...he can even use the wall now to stand up.

He throws a temper tantrum if I try to stop him to feed him/change him/put him down for a nap. He just always wants to go.

I'm also worried about toddler years but I really hope this isn't a sign of more things to come!!
  • Yep. This is us, too. He climbs everything and thinks he can walk. He pulls up on everything and stands and then lets go and "walks away" only to faceplant or fall on his butt 3-5 steps later. I dread the day he takes that 6th step without holding on to anything. I assumed I had a year before he was fully mobile. I'm exhausted!
  • Oh yeah - we call J "the blur" because he is constantly moving and impossible to get a picture of. Everyone tells us we're in for it when he's a toddler.
  • Mine is too. She was rolling at two months, sitting at four and a half, and started to crawl at five. Now at about six she is a pretty good crawler. I just started staying at home and she is now in to everything. I hope she isn't an early walker too. I wouldn't be excited that's for sure. I want my newborn back!
  • YES! non-stop! he started crawling, came into the bedroom to him standing up in his crib, he can crawl over to his toy box and he tries to pull everything out, you can't hold him and eat because he will literally pull the tablecloth right off the tables or grab at your plate, its insane! this is my excuse as to why he is not sleeping through the night yet lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Same here, and if someone wants to tell me how exactly to change her diaper in peace, please LET ME KNOW!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageale_nicu_rn:

You're not alone! This is totally my daughter. She was rolling both ways by 4 months, and army crawling by 5 months. By 6 months she was crawling with her belly up and pulling up to standing.  By 7 months she was cruising the furniture. Now she can stand unassisted for up to a minute.

This is DS. If I try to sit him on the floor he just straightens himself so he is standing. All he wants to do all day is stand and try to walk. He also screams if I try to sit down with him in my arms. He has been like this from day 1 though. He always wants to be held but will only be held while standing and moving! He also only falls asleep if I do squats with him, crazy. He is my personal trainer. My newphew is the complete opposite (super relaxed, just hangs out) and sometimes I wish DS would do that for just one day! haha I do think his go, go go personality is fun most of the time though.

• YES!  he is always moving!!

crawling around since 5 months and standing assisted it seems since 2 weeks! he is wanting to roll around and crawl and touch everything...i feel like i'm in for it as well!

oh and he never wants to cuddle! :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageale_nicu_rn:

Christmas day my DD ate, but that was only after 4.5 hours (she's a 3 hour feeder)!! I completely understand.  GO, GO, GO! Sheeh. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"