Pregnant after 35

New to the group

I live in VA and I am trying to find a place to talk positively about being pregnant over 35.  I am 11 weeks pregnant and most every search I do it is negative negative and scary about being pregnant over 35.  We haven't shared our news with the world yet since we would like to get through the first trimester and first round of all those stupid tests.

Thanks for listening.

Re: New to the group

• I'm 41 and this pregnancy has for the most part been a breeze compared to a lot of the youngsters I know having babies. The worst part about pregnancy for me is other people.. not the pregnancy itself lol

No morning sickness at all.. few rough days with migraines ( had them pre preg too ) sinus headaches in the beginning, which calmed down when it dropped below 100 degrees.. BP is great, GL's were icky in tests but proper diet fixed that and they are peachy. All the usual pee too much, constipation, lack of sleep... but thats just par for the course.

Baby's heartbeat is good and no problems detected on any of the U/S, placenta is in a good spot, fluid levels are fine, no abnormal markers spotted despite my "elderly"Tongue Tied status.  He's a big lad and I am petite but I am still aiming for a drug free birth if possible.

Not a stretch mark to be seen yet either.... weight gain is in the right range.

Enjoy your pregnancy, everyone is different  and we don't all fit in that "high risk" box just because we're mature.  Worry about problems if/when you have to deal with them.

congrats :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 35 is just a number.  There are plenty of us having perfectly healthy easy pregnancies, just like there are plenty of women in their 20s and early 30s who have very difficult pregnancies.  Don't let people scare you about being over 35!  And welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome! Things really aren't that different for those of us over 35.
  • Funny, my aunt just told me that she had morning sickness her 1st baby at age 18. She said, "And you're old, so good luck bouncing back from that." I was shocked. Yes my body isn't 18 anymore and it might take a little longer to get baby weight off... but all my doctors laugh at me when I say I feel too old for having my 1st. They reassure me that age isn't a big deal, especially if you feel young. I'm trying to work on that... haha.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Avoid Dr.Google at all costs!!!  LOL  I had my 1st when I was 2 weeks shy of 38, it was the best pregnancy I could have imagined.  I had some "scares" with results from Quad Screen & a later US regarding his heart, but he's the healthiest, happiest, best little guy in the world!  I waited until I was 16 weeks before sharing with anyone except my boss (kinda had to b/c of dr appts) and my sister.  My Mom, however, told me she suspected it!  Do what feels right for you regarding telling people, good luck, H&H 9 months to you!

• Welcome and congratulations!! As you can see from this group and the Parenting over 35 board, healthy pregnancies and babies after 35 are the rule not the exception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome aboard!! Talk away!!  We are all here to listen and help each other out.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm brand new also (I just posted a newbie posting right before you did, actually!) ... and so far I love it here, and not just because we are FINALLY pg! All the girls on the board seem very nice and helpful and I've taken a lot of comfort just from reading different posts. Congrats to you and welcome to both of us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"