Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Anxiety

I will be a first time mom and I am new to this board. I have read a lot of posts but this is my first post on here. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and I have so much anxiety and nervousness. Will I be a good mom? Will labor go well? Does anyone ever have anxiety and how do you relieve it?

Re: Anxiety

• Anxiety is normal during pregnancy and even when your baby is a newborn/infant. As you become more experienced and comfortable w/ being a mommy the anxiety will go away.

I was very nervous regarding the labor the first time.  Mostly will I poop? Stick out tongue  My L&D nurses (with both) were amazing and really helped with the process.  I hope you get lucky too. My recovery nurses were extremely helpful and catered to my needs which helped me relax.

And on the comical side. I didn't poo. But I did pee on a nurse.  I had an epi and they give you a urinary catheter.  After the nurse inserted it she asked me to pee to ensure it was in correctly. It was not.  I couldn't feel anything so I squeezed w/ all my might and the pee shot out and splashed the nurse.  I apologized several times, however, it didn't come off too sincere b/c I had a case of the giggles.  The nurse laughed it off too and said that was a 1st. I had a friend who did defacate while pushing.  She said she didn't feel it but knew she did when the nurses were wiping her rear. Her story was hysterical and she was laughing it off. The point? If anything embarrassing happens just laugh it off.  

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you very much for your advice! I am working on calming down. Everyone is telling me to be nice to my nurses because they will make my life much easier in the hospital. I am going to relax today before I go in for my doctors appointment. I tried to relax yesterday but I ended up cleaning everything in my house again. :)Once again, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"