Health & Exercise
Options

Post baby weightloss question for bf moms

So my LO just turned 1 month today and I've lost about 14 lbs in the two wks after baby arrived, but have not lost any weight the last couple of wks. In fact, I gained a pound over xmas wkend. I am breastfeeding and keep hearing about how weight just falls off when you bf. I am wondering how quickly all this weight started "falling off" for other people. Thanks! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Post baby weightloss question for bf moms

• Options

I was back to pre-pregnancy weight at about 2.5- 3 months PP. Considering the holidays and everything, I'm not surprised you havn't lost more weight in the last couple weeks. Give it a bit of time! Some ladies even hold on to a few lbs while breastfeeding and then drop it once the baby is weaned.

Whatever your body is going to do, it will take more than 1 month. 9 months to gain everything... try not to be hard on yourself!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks! That really adds some perspective. I really didn't expect to be back to my post baby size at this point. Was just feeling like I was at a standstill. Guess I expected different results with all the reference to how BF effect weight loss. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm one of those who held onto the last 5-7lbs until weaning.  It did come right off when I weaned my 1st, so I'm not too worried about it this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My LO will be 9 months old next week, and I still have about 15 to lose. I was tiny pre-pg 5'2", 112 lbs, so it's frustrating to feel like I'm nowhere close to there. I gained about 60 lbs with my pregnancy, and I don't feel like I did anything crazy -- it seems to be the way my body "handled" it.

I have a friend who is smaller than I am weight-wise (like a size 0), and she said she gained 60 with each child and it took a year for it to come off each time. She has three kids and is in her early 40s and is a size 0 again. Everybody's body is different.

I'm still nursing and hoping maybe I'm the type of person whose body holds on to 10 lbs until weaning. I've been running about ten miles a week lately, and am slowly upping my miles with a goal of 20 miles per week. Hopefully that helps!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have no idea how much I weigh now, but can tell by looking at myself that I have a long ways to go.  I exercised a lot pre-pregnancy though and had good muscle tone that is totally gone now.  I am 3 months pp and BF as well.  I hope it comes off since I am slowly returning to exercise. 
  • Options
    imageshaindelr:

My LO will be 9 months old next week, and I still have about 15 to lose. I was tiny pre-pg 5'2", 112 lbs, so it's frustrating to feel like I'm nowhere close to there. I gained about 60 lbs with my pregnancy, and I don't feel like I did anything crazy -- it seems to be the way my body "handled" it.

I have a friend who is smaller than I am weight-wise (like a size 0), and she said she gained 60 with each child and it took a year for it to come off each time. She has three kids and is in her early 40s and is a size 0 again. Everybody's body is different.

I'm still nursing and hoping maybe I'm the type of person whose body holds on to 10 lbs until weaning. I've been running about ten miles a week lately, and am slowly upping my miles with a goal of 20 miles per week. Hopefully that helps!

my body handled pregnancy the exact same way-  gained almost 50 pounds and never went "crazy"... i have lost about 17 pounds since I delivered, but feel like the weight is redistributing and my face has gotten thinner again. I was towards the lower end of my healthy weight range when I got pregnant Hoping exercise helps the weight come off more quickly!

• Options

I weighed myself for the first time in a while last week and I am a few pounds below pre preg weight. Baby is 3 months. I am still EBF.  

• Options
    As long as you're eating healthy and exercising regularly, I wouldn't worry about weight. Measurements are more accurate. Like other posters said, some women just hold onto a few pounds until after weaning.
  • Options
    Well... I'm not sure I'd say that it "fell off". I really didn't have time to exercise while I was EPing, but I did manage to lose all the weight, although not immediately and not to the same body as before. The numbers on the scale matched my prepregnancy weight at about 10 or 11 months. It was really just a slow drop. I lost probably 20 of the 38 pounds within the first 6 weeks. After than, it was probably 1-2 pounds a month. But again, that's just for the numbers on the scale to match.... my body shape still isn't back. But, I just started exercising again in the last couple weeks, so hopefully it'll be back soon!
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was pretty much back to my pre pregnancy weight around a month after having my DS.  I totally believe my weight loss was b/c of nursing too.  I EBF my child for 9 months and never worked out the entire 9 months and I stayed at my pre pregnancy weight.  They say nursing burns around 500 calories a day!  I wish I was still nursing and buring those calories!  Good luck...everybody is different, I will start to fall off soon.  Keep up the good work. 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"