Blended Families
Options

Head lice

So BM informed me that her DD got lice from her niece. She treated both her and SS because he was visiting her but saw nothing on him. This was two weeks ago. Today I saw something on DS's head but not sure if louse or flea it moved quick and then I couldn't find it. He has blond hair and I searched and searched. Never saw anything again. Also didn't see any nits. We have been battling fleas everysince we cat sat for a friend so I am not sure which I saw. To top it off I am almost 12 weeks PG and can't use traditional treatment. Not sure what to do? To top it off she informed me today she didn't do second round of treatment since she didn't find anything else. Dumbas$.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Head lice

• Options
    That's frustrating.  We fought the lice battle twice when SD was in Kindergarten.  We are NCP so we just treated her room (hot water wash for bedding and clothes and all stuffed animals in giant ziploc bags for two weeks, pillows in super hot dryer, lots of vacuuming).  We treated SD with shampooi once sibce her follow up fell on our wkend.  BM used that wkend to clean her room again.  Hang in there - you'll get them all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetifanico:

Maria?s got head lice when she came home. When they (my cousin and 4 kids) came to stay with us, my sister had one of the little girls on her lap then she saw the lice. It was disgusting and of course the mom was doing nothing about it. We did the treatment and they are good now. 

In my experience, if you said it moved quickly and you couldn't catch it means that its fleas not lice.  

man I sure hope your right. It's not like fleas are much better but they don't skeeve me out like lice does. We have an appt with an exterminator next week so hopefully our house will get back to normal.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SD had really treatment resistent lice, she got it from a kid with chronic lice. After battling it for weeks we went natural. Try getting a bottle of liquid lavender, mix a few drops in your shampoo when you wash your hair and we also put a few drops on the hairbrush. They were gone in a week. It would probably help prevention and I haven't heard of lavender being harmful for pregnancy. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

There was a "nit picker" who came to talk to the PTA about lice in my school.  She does not like chemical treatments AT ALL. 

Her advice for finding lice: Take the child in for a bath and use conditioner but do not rinse it out.  Keep them in the bathtub and look for lice while they are in the bathtub - - combing out sections of hair to peer through.  I don't know how old your SD is, so if they are older they might sit with a towel while you look.

Also, she doesn't believe in RID.  She says IF YOU SEE LICE (don't do it as a preventative measure, b/c it is messy) wrap mayonnaise on the child's head and put on a do-rag to keep it in overnight.  The mayo will kill the lice just as good as any chemical.

The real hard part is getting rid of the nits.  You need to buy a nit comb and comb through the hair and get the nits out.

• Options

mayo and shower cap..worked for my SD she has hair down past her butt and it was a pain to comb thru she had lice horrible... and her BM did no treatments at all.. over 4 weeks I had to treat her 4 times to get them out everytime she would go 2 BM and come back with it... but over a month and nothing so SUCESS  good luck  :)

image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"