Babies: 6 - 9 Months

when did you move baby tub into big tub?

my daughter is 4 months and my dh still gives her baths in her baby tub (with the sling that comes with it)  He just puts it on the counter top, and doesn't fill it, he just washes her with a wash cloth.  But I think she would like to splash around a little. 
What kind of baths did you give LO around 4 months?

Re: when did you move baby tub into big tub?

• Wr started when he could really sit up perfect, around 6.5 months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • J moved into the big tub around 3 months because he was too big for the infant tub very early on (born @ 10lbs). I just laid a towel down on the bottom of the tub, laid him down on it and only filled it to his ears. He still takes his bath this way.

• Loading the player...
  • We have always used the inflatable duck tub with my girls.  Santa got DD hers- we started today.  Gives her room to play, she is able to sit up, but its not as big as the large tub.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO was in the infant tub with the sling till about 3 months, then we bought him the Eurobath :  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404856

if you look at the pictures, it shows how the baby can be laid down before they can sit up on their own, to sitting up. He uses it both ways. He loves it. we fill it about halfway & put lots of floaty toys & we just hang out in the bathroom while he splashes around.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We transitioned from the infant tub to the big tub at 6 months, now in the big tub we lay down the infant bath sponge and lay him on it, then fill the tube a few inches with water.  He loves to lay and kick/spash his legs.  When we were using the infant tub, we were not using the sling...he liked to sit in the water.

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had a Fisher Price tub that had the infant sling, then a support for his bottom to keep him from sliding all the way down when he outgrew the sling, and then just the tub when he outgrew the support. We used that until he started grabbing the side of the little tub and pulling himself to his feet, probably around seven months. He was sitting just fine by then, so we transitioned to the big tub. He gets a couple of inches of water, some toys, and goes to town.
    When it's all said and done, what matters most is your relationships with other people; without good friends and family, what's the point?
    My Cooking Blog
    My Baby Blog
  • We moved up once he outgrew the baby tub, around 6 months. We just put a couple inches of water in the tub and let him splash. He loves it.

He always had enough water to get wet, though. We never worried about getting his ears in or anything - he's been fine.

• We moved DD around three months. I had one of those foam bath things that she layed on and then I filled the tub to right below her ears. I would take a warm wash cloth over her tummy to keep her warm. She loved kicking and Splashing in there! 
  • We moved J into the big tub from the infant tub at about 5-6 months. He was sitting up great and trying to climb out of the infant tub! We were worried about him flipping out of the baby tub! He loves the big tub and now crawls all over the place and plays with his toys...bathtime is partytime! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We still haven't, but it's because our tub setup is not conducive to bathing a baby.  Our sink is really big, so we'll use that for a bit longer.
  • To answer your question, we were still bathing the baby in the baby tub until she was sitting on her own comfortably, around 7 months old.
  • he's always been in the big tub. We had a bath sling in it. When DS could sit up we moved him to ta bath seat.

As soon as his umbilical stump fell off he had normal baths. 

• About a month ago.  He kept pulling the plug out of his baby tub.  He's now bathing with his brother in the big tub.  He loves it, but it's a little scary for me.

• We ditched the sling on the baby tub as soon as the umbilical stump was gone. He HATED sponge baths, but loves regular baths. We used to put the tub on the kitchen table but recently moved it to the regular tub because he was splashing so much. He's still in the baby tub (in the big tub) because he's not sitting up well on his own yet. As soon as he gets a little better at that, we'll put him in the big tub because he's too big for the baby tub really.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageSarahKate31:
    We ditched the sling on the baby tub as soon as the umbilical stump was gone. He HATED sponge baths, but loves regular baths. We used to put the tub on the kitchen table but recently moved it to the regular tub because he was splashing so much. He's still in the baby tub (in the big tub) because he's not sitting up well on his own yet. As soon as he gets a little better at that, we'll put him in the big tub because he's too big for the baby tub really.

Same here. I think this is the boy version of my LO. 

• today :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"