TTC after 35
Options

Update and a question I should already know the answer to...

Hello ladies, hope everyone had a great holiday! Just a quick update on me.  I am not doing an RE assisted cycle this time, but I have been continuing with the acupuncture just in case we are able to conceive naturally. Still holding onto hope for that, as much as I am that the my Jets will make it to the playoffs after this weekend. God I hope both are not in vain.

Anyway, I bought some cheap OPK strips yesterday and I haven't used this kind before,so hoping I am reading them correctly.  I tested last night and got nothing and then this morning got a faint second line and will test again tonight.  DH and I have been having quite a bit of sex lately (sorry if that is TMI), but I know it's been too early to be effective if I didn't have second line last night. 

The test shows that you are going to ovulate in the next day or two correct? I'm just trying to figure out timing of sex. I am happy to do it as many times as necessary but don't want to deplete his supply :)  Once again I feel like I am posting a question for the TTGP board, but it's been a few months since I have used an OPK so I apologize. 

I'm kinda hoping that this sudden increase in my libido is indicating that I am indeed ovulating and that my body is primed for conception!

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: Update and a question I should already know the answer to...

• Options
    Do you know what kind of OPK's you got?  A second line is not enough (it's not like a HPT where a line is a line). The line has to be as dark as the control line or darker.  Sometimes it is hard to tell but if it is really close, I always go with it (or confirm a really dark line with a CBE digital to get the smiley face as confirmation) Once you get that, you "should" ovulate within 12-36 hrs.  With MFI issues, I would limit activity to every other day especially if you don't have the correct 2nd line. Hope that helps.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    Ditch the strips and use the digital tests. They are more expensive, but you can get them off amazon.com pretty cheap. I had the hardest time reading the lines. The smiley face works much better for me. And I got so good with my cycle that I could make one box last several months because I knew when to test and only wasted a few each cycle. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMelleTX:
    Ditch the strips and use the digital tests. They are more expensive, but you can get them off amazon.com pretty cheap. I had the hardest time reading the lines. The smiley face works much better for me. And I got so good with my cycle that I could make one box last several months because I knew when to test and only wasted a few each cycle. 

Thanks for the info ladies. Melle, I normally do use the digital ones but the only box they had was $50 and money is a little tight after Christmas so I went with the $20 strips. The brand is called Answer I think...I wish I had just spent the extra money, these are a pain in the ass.

I may actually have missed my LH surge. I tested last night and got no line, then this morning got a faint line again. I know it needs to be as dark if not darker than the control line from looking at the sticks on the digital tests.  I'm not sure why I am getting no line at night and then getting one in the morning, but I'll just keep testing and having sex EOD just in case. If it gets fainter then I'll know I O'd early and hopefully we caught it.   I am at CD 13 right now and I normally I start testing at about day 9 or 10 and get the positive OPK at about 11 or 12. This time I started testing at CD 11 but now I think I may have missed it because usually I am earlier than CD 14.  Now I wish I had been temping this time as well so I would at least have seen a temp dip.  Ah well.

Oh I asked my acupuncturist if the treatment he is doing is supposed to be affecting my libido as well. He said absolutely. I said, well, my husband thanks you then. Jeez louise, I feel like when we were first dating!

Here's hoping it's doing everything else it's supposed to be doing too!

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"