Potty Training

If you do rewards

If DC gets a reward for PTing how do you do it? Anytime they go on the potty? Only if they tell you they have to go? How long did you offer rewards for? Thnx

Re: If you do rewards

• DS (23 mo.) just started potty training on his own. He gets a reward - one of his sour gummy vitamins for the first two and a very small piece of candy for subsequent potties during the day. I plan on offering the rewards as long as he - goes completely in the potty, flushes, and washes his hands, and will continue to offer them for a long time- I'm seriously considering 6 months. I am due in Feb. and I don't want him to regress when baby arrives or feel like it's no longer a rewarded behavior (otherwise I will have 3 in diapers!)
  • We just started pt this week but it's going pretty well (hope I didn't jinx us). We do stickers. I got a pack of smiley faces and there are big ones and small ones. He gets a small one every times he pees and a big one when he poops. Initially he put them on his shirt but now he's starting to put them on a paper. I'm not sure how long we'll go but maybe another day or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Potty training rewards should always be isolated. ?In other words, your child should only receive that reward for voiding on the toilet, never at any other time of the day. So, if your child can have chips for a snack, do not use chips for the isolated reinforcer unless you are willing to forgo chips as a snack. ?As for ? #2, only deliver the reinforcer for successful voids on the toilet, never for accidents. ?Reinforcers should be faded systematically and can usually be faded after two weeks of success. ?I usually fade from 1 per void ?- 2 per day (one am and one pm) for dry pants - to one a day - and so forth. ?Hope that helps!
  • Mine gets 1 M&M when she goes. We used to do the "potty dance" and she was excited about that but we really weren't getting any further so she is responding pretty well to the M&M's. Santa brought her some Disney Princess big girl panties for Christmas and she LOVES them...I am surprised at the difference just offering the panties has made in just a few days. She had 1 accident in the panties and was SOOO upset.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"