Pregnant after 35

Can't feel any movement...first posting...any advice?

Hello ladies, this is my first posting so I hope I'm doing this right!  I'm 22 weeks today and all the books & websites say we should feel movement between 18-22 weeks.  So far I've felt NOTHING!  We had our 20 week u/s a couple weeks ago and everything was fine and the baby looked healthy.  Can anyone tell me any 'tricks of the trade' to try and feel movement?  A kick?  ANYTHING?  This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what it feels like or what I should be looking for...everyone says 'flutters' but all I feel are gas bubbles :(

I'm starting to get worried and have been wondering if I should call my doctor.  Any advice or insight you ladies could give me would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance for your help :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can't feel any movement...first posting...any advice?

• I think our guy started being obvious around 24-25 weeks.. and now I can't get the lil worm to sit still LOL

Everyone is different and depending where baby is , what direction, your placenta etc.. it can take longer for some people.  If the U/S looks good and the hb is good.. I wouldn't worry at all... just try and be patient :)

I'm almost 30 weeks now and I swear this kid hasn't slept at all in the last 3 weeks haha.

You will probably find you feel it when you are relaxing watching TV, or laying down .. my guy used to go quiet if I was getting any excercise at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt nothing until 25 weeks. Dr. said perfectly normal to begin feeling from 18-28 weeks. I felt nothing consistent until around 30+ weeks. As pp said, depends on a lot of factors. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If your placenta is anterior, meaning located at the front of your uterus, it can basically act as a barrier between you and the baby so it takes longer to feel the movements.   My doc also said that women with more belly fat can take longer to be able to feel it too.   The first movements felt a lot like butterflies in your stomach.  Now it is more like a thumping feeling.  As long as your ultrasounds have been ok and your doc can hear the heartbeat on the doppler, I wouldn't worry.  I definitely feel baby most when I lie down in bed at night and am not moving around at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't feel anything that I was sure was DS moving until I was well over 20 weeks.
  • As you have heard and will hear a thousand times over... every pregnancy is different and I have felt all my babies at different times. This one was about 23-24 weeks or so before I could really tell that it was her. GL to you and try not to worry. Soon baby will be kicking you in the ribs so hard that it will take your breath away! Not to mention the other parts that he/she will kick you in that will take your breath away :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageELF4321:
    If your placenta is anterior, meaning located at the front of your uterus, it can basically act as a barrier between you and the baby so it takes longer to feel the movements.   My doc also said that women with more belly fat can take longer to be able to feel it too.   The first movements felt a lot like butterflies in your stomach.  Now it is more like a thumping feeling.  As long as your ultrasounds have been ok and your doc can hear the heartbeat on the doppler, I wouldn't worry.  I definitely feel baby most when I lie down in bed at night and am not moving around at all.
    Oh yeah, I had an anterior placenta.
  • Thank you so much ladies that gives me a lot more piece of mind!  I haven't been told by my doctor that my placenta is anterior so I don't think that's the reason.  However, even though I started the pregnancy at a normal healthy weight and was a total gym rat...I must say I've put on 20 pounds so far so maybe I do have a little more excess belly fat now.

Guess I'll just sit tight and be patient and thanks again for the feedback :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePregoPuma:

H This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what it feels like or what I should be looking for...everyone says 'flutters' but all I feel are gas bubbles :(

They aren't gas bubbles. That's the baby!!! All I felt were bubbles until I was about 24 weeks. Congrats! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"