Infertility
Options

coping techniques

I am going to rant because I feel like you ladies probably understand what I am going through. I just found out that another one of my single friends from home is pregnant. This makes 3. I get so frustrated because I have PCOS and have just started my first cycle with clomid. I don't want to be jealous and I really am super happy for her. I just don't understand why this has to be so difficult for me. How do you cope when this happens?

Re: coping techniques

• Options
    I vent on TB. It's been hard because most of my family is in the same boat as your friends-- unplanned pregnancies and train wreck relationships -- so I mostly just hide from the world, vent here, and throw myself into my hobbies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely venting on here helps!  It's so easy to feel upset and jealous--it's not fair!  But I try to remember that other people's fertility and pregnancy has no bearing on mine.  Their situation doesn't affect mine--they're not "stealing" a pregnancy from me, you know?  I try to remember that, stay hopeful that it will be my turn soon enough, and then force myself to be happy for them.

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is always hard to hear another friend is pg especially when they weren't even trying or didn't even want children in the first place.  I feel like I am the only one of my friends that isn't pg or have kids already.  Coming on here and venting helps a lot as well as having a good cry once in awhile.  (((HUGS)))
  • Options

imageSarah226:
    Definitely venting on here helps!  It's so easy to feel upset and jealous--it's not fair!  But I try to remember that other people's fertility and pregnancy has no bearing on mine.  Their situation doesn't affect mine--they're not "stealing" a pregnancy from me, you know?  I try to remember that, stay hopeful that it will be my turn soon enough, and then force myself to be happy for them.

This exactly! Vent here all you need to, we all do it from time to time and it is more beneficial for all on these forums

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options
    I vent to the hubster and yell, scream, and kick things.  It's usually okay after that.  Hugs. 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've started to have breakdown's from pregnancy announcements. I hate that i'm like that. I try to just remind myself that someone else's pregnancy has NOTHING to do with me. And I try to just be happy for them and focus on how to move forward with my own pregnancy plans. It's definitely hard though. Also, wine helps.

DH: Severe MFI/Azoo Me: Compound heterozygous MTHFR
    IVF #1= m/c- methotrexate @6w2d
    FET #1= BFN
    IVF #2= m/c- D&C @8w5d
    IVF #3= Beta #1 9dp5dt= 252, Beta #2 11dp5dt= 417, Beta #3 17dp5dt= 4,952
    US #2 @ 7w2d= twins, baby B measuring behind
    US #3 @ 8w5d= Baby A doing well, no HR in baby B
    *S/PAIF always welcome* BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much. I just get so frustrated because out of our married friends we are the only ones without kids and many of my friends have unplanned pregnancies or children. I am so grateful for my loving and supportive husband and wouldn't trade him for the world. I just feel like I'm defective. I know PCOS doesn't mean I won't have kids but sometimes I feel like "what is the point of bd if I can't get pregant?" Destructive train of thought I know. We have been trying for 8 months and all I want is a house full of children. You ladies are so great. Thanks for the hugs and for prayers. I feel like it is going to take a miracle.
  • Options

I am sorry, Kaylee!  I am with you. My best friend just tested Christmas Eve and it came up positive.   Also my boss's baby is due any day and we basically decided to try again at the same time so while I am going through the same IF cycles each month, I see her grow and grow!

Its so hard to watch people pass you buy but take care and know that it WILL happen to you too!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"