Pregnant after 35

2 days till due date

I have an OB appointment this afternoon, and I know the topic of scheduling me for inducement will come up.  They originally didn't want me to go past 40 days (and one of the people in the practice was really nailing it hard on that fact...big baby fears on a VBAC).  Last week, the other OB negotiated with me 41 weeks, because they just don't want to hit that 42 week and beyond mark.  Nor does she want to go over 10lbs, but I stated I was comfortable going to 11lbs (knowing that I could have a baby of lesser weight than the u/s is showing).  She seemed agreeable last week, but warned that the others might not be...I know one is confident in a RCS.  I don't want a RCS as I've had 2 proven vaginal births since my last c-section...it's the laws/insurance/practice that has changed, not me.

Anyway...2 days till the due date.  I didn't have my burst of energy, but have made some progress getting the house ready in certain ways.  DH  has been a big help I have to admit, in filling in for my "nesting" abilities.  He's done so much the last few weeks, yet we both feel so far behind.  I *only* just started to pack my overnight bag last night and became too tired to finish.

The baby has been moving great the last 24 hours...much busier than I've seen him in the past.  Wondering if that means anything, really.  He's so big (and near) now that the anterior placenta is no match for masking him any longer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 days till due date

• GL at your appt! Keep us posted. I'm loving hearing all the mom's delivery stories.

Side note...Anterior placenta...when did you start feeling him regularly? I'm 18w4d, and I can only feel him sometimes, mainly whenhe boots my bladder.. I felt DD from 16w on. I can tell he's active, because he kicks like crazy on the doppler.

• Anxiously waiting to hear your birth story sans CS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope your appt goes well.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they will stick to the "agreement" of 41 weeks if all is well. :)
  • Good luck to you!!  Am keeping fingers crossed that you are able to have the VBAC you so desire!!  Keep us posted on your progress!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"