Baby Showers

Seeking locations for Michigan baby shower

I'm planning my sister's baby shower for February 4th in the Brighton/Howell area and looking for recommendations for a location.  Trying to keep it inexpensive, but nice.  Thanks!

Re: Seeking locations for Michigan baby shower

• Try posting this on the Detroit board. I bet they would have some tips.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would second checking with the local board since you probably won't find too many local people. It isn't that far from me and I still don't know much for local facilities. There are a lot of restaurants off of 96 in Brighton but I don't know if a full restaurant meal is over your budget. Also I did go to a wedding nearby, I think the place was called Crystal Gardens in Howell but it look fairly pricey. You might also want to expand your search to Novi, it isn't that far and there is a lot of stuff in that area.

The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • Loading the player...
  • Restaurants are great for being inexpensive and flexible; Big Boy, IHOP, and i really like Bennigan's because they have one side of the restaurant a little higher than the other and have party-like foods.What is your theme/ who will be there? The nature center in Howell rents their banquet center and so do most township halls. For a cute kind of tea party or low profile shower try the copper pickle or Blue Willow Tea room (both in Howell), Brighton is better for more hands on places like pottery painting or if it is adults only I would try one of the many upper class bars in Brighton.
  • My aunt had hers at the local hospital in Howell. I don't remember the hospital name, but it was a big banquet space. Also try churches, banquet halls (in addition to Crystal Gardens), hotels, community centers, the Y and golf courses- all of which usually have some sort of hall for rent.

I've been to a wedding at the Crystal Gardens in Howell, it was a huge venue that had a bunch of halls of various sizes, so that may be an option, no matter your group size. I also second looking into the Novi area. I've been to a wedding shower at the Novi community center (by their community pool), they have a bunch of rooms/spaces for rent that can be catered and will accomodate any number of guests.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you are looking for inexpensive, Crystal Gardens would not be the place.  They do have a separate room at IHOP in Brighton.  Not sure if they "charge" to use it or not.  It's been a while since I've lived there.  I have also gone to a shower at the Senior Center in Milford and it was very nice.  It's possible Brighton or Howell have a location like that.  If you live in the area there are several condo/apartment complexes that have "community rooms" - check with friends to see if any of them have one in their complex.  I don't know about Brighton or Howell but I know Milford has an American Legion (or VFW) and the rent is pretty cheap (but you might have to be a friend of a friend - kwim?).  There is the Big Boy in Brighton but there really isn't a "private room" like there is in IHOP.  Red Robin might have one...haven't been in there in years though. 

You might try calling the Brighton/Howell Chamber of Commerce.  I've always found them very helpful with things like that.  Throw out some of the suggestions I made (senior center, VFW, etc) and see what they say.

• imagelovelykins:
    Restaurants are great for being inexpensive and flexible; Big Boy, IHOP, and i really like Bennigan's because they have one side of the restaurant a little higher than the other and have party-like foods.What is your theme/ who will be there? The nature center in Howell rents their banquet center and so do most township halls. For a cute kind of tea party or low profile shower try the copper pickle or Blue Willow Tea room (both in Howell), Brighton is better for more hands on places like pottery painting or if it is adults only I would try one of the many upper class bars in Brighton.

IHOP?? I you effing kidding me?  Why would you have a shower at a pancake house?  LOL...funniest thing I read all day.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"