April 2012 Moms
Options

Two Under Tuesday Check-In

I know there are a few of us here who are expecting 2u2.  Thought maybe we should have a check-in.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: Two Under Tuesday Check-In

• Options

My update is that I feel so gigantic.  And that it's getting really hard to snuggle with DD#1 because my belly is so huge.  She won't lay down and snuggle so our snuggle time is during her bottle time.  I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to do it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    Doing well, K is pretty easy in general and likes to play independently so being pregnant again hasn't been too bad. I think about snuggle time, especially as the belly gets larger. He likes to lay vertically on me to sleep at night, when I rock him. His little brother likes to kick him during this time, I don't think he notices it, but it's cute:)

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I struggle with my belly as well. C still gets a bottle and rocked to sleep and since my DH is laid up on crutches for a while, it all falls on me. Leaning over to put her in her crib has been the biggest challenge...that and putting  her in her car seat. I've been thinking about teaching her to climb into her own car seat, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. She already climbs out of it ok so I wouldn't think it would be too bad, but who knows.

The other thing I'm struggling with is the hormones. I was depressed and upset for 2 days and had to have someone come take care of her because I couldn't function.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Leaning over to put her in her crib has been the biggest challenge

This had become such a pain for me that DH took over this duty a long time ago.  Luckily, he's always home at bedtime to be able to do it.

• Options

DS is still nursing a few times a day and we're making that work somehow.  He is transitioning between one and two naps a day now, so that makes it hard to plan our days sometimes.  Yesterday he must have been exhausted from the Christmas festivities because he slept for 3 hours in the morning and an hour and a half in the afternoon!  Now he just woke up (a little late and 8:15), so we'll probably only get one nap out of him today.

I'm also super anxious to put away all the Christmas decorations and take down the tree because I want to start getting everything ready for the new baby.  We really haven't done much and I kind of want to get in gear! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It has been mostly pretty good. DS is cutting molars though and his naps the past few days have been terrible and then he is grumpy in the evening. Hope they all pop through soon so I can get back the 2-3 hour break in the afternoon! He is loving all his new toys and we will be putting away all his baby toys this weekend to save for the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What about 2u2....again. ;)  lol
  • Options
    We've hit a good period. DD has been pretty even keel the last couple weeks and I'm not big enough that the belly causes an inconvenience right now. I'm starting to wish it would slow down a little so I could enjoy our last months of being just her. I always wanted lots of kids and close together, but I do feel bad rocking her world in such a big way. I hope she'll like being a big sis.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I'll play :)

We moved DD1 out of her crib and into a twin bed with rails on Christmas Eve.  So far she's done really well, although I don't think the realizes that she could probably climb out if she wanted to (which is completely fine with me).  She's actually slept better/longer in the new bed, aside from last night when she woke up a few times.

I had an OB appt today, and came up with protein in my urine :(  Now I have to do a 24 hour collection.  I didn't have any issues with pre-e in my first pregnancy, so hopefully this is just a fluke thing. 

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options

Hey, pretty much the same as most other ladies. A little more tired this time around than last. Molars coming in (he's gotten 3 through and we're waiting on that stubborn 4th). Trouble with cuddles. Last night for some reason DD was going crazy all night, and DS woke up around 2:45 and wouldn't stay asleep. He fell asleep for about 30 minutes then woke back up, so I went to rock him and cuddle to see if he was just lonely or something, and he was getting kicked! He seemed oblivious, but it was funny to me. 

I still put him in his crib okay, but it's getting harder every day. I warned DH that eventually he'd have to take over bedtime and I'm going to have to figure out how to teach him to lay himself down and fall asleep without me laying him down so I don't have to bend over as much!

We need to clear out the downstairs room that DS will move into when he's 2. We plan on having LO in our room until she's 4-5 months old and that will get DS to his 2nd birthday and we can put him in the big boy room then. So we're not in any HUGE hurry, just need to start figuring out where to put all the stuff we have stored in there. Right now we have all his old toys and carseat and swing and such in there. I think we may need to move it to the nursery because there is more room in there. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm doing okay.  Just tired and worn out.  I'm also having a lot more cramping this time which isn't fun when running around with a 9 month old.  DH has been a big help, but he works 48 hr shifts so it leaves just me for those two days.

L is overall a really easy going baby which helps a lot.  My belly is starting to get in the way of feeding her, cuddling and getting down to play too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Options
    Ugh, I am in SO much pain. I never hurt this bad with DS, who was gigantic. This LO is measuring normal and DS was always very large so I just wasn't expecting it. I'm having major guilt issues right now with not being able to pick up ds as much. He's not walking so I just feel like I'm not doing enough with him. :(
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

imagebiblionerd:
    Ugh, I am in SO much pain. I never hurt this bad with DS, who was gigantic. This LO is measuring normal and DS was always very large so I just wasn't expecting it. I'm having major guilt issues right now with not being able to pick up ds as much. He's not walking so I just feel like I'm not doing enough with him. :(

With 2U1 I think that even if DS was tiny you'd still have a lot of pain this time around. Tough on the body, but the kids will be so close!

I think it's harder, too, when they are not walking. You have to bend over that much more to get to him! LOL At least when they are walking upright you get 10 extra inches of height!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagemamabear0813:

imagebiblionerd:

With 2U1 I think that even if DS was tiny you'd still have a lot of pain this time around. Tough on the body, but the kids will be so close!

I think it's harder, too, when they are not walking. You have to bend over that much more to get to him! LOL At least when they are walking upright you get 10 extra inches of height!

Yeah, and DS weighs 22 lbs (at least, since last weigh in!). When I get him off the ground I take his hands and make/let him pull himself up standing first. :) I was expecting achiness, tiredness, etc., but boy... I did not brace myself for the stabbing pains! 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    imagebiblionerd:
    imagemamabear0813:

imagebiblionerd:

Yeah, and DS weighs 22 lbs (at least, since last weigh in!). When I get him off the ground I take his hands and make/let him pull himself up standing first. :) I was expecting achiness, tiredness, etc., but boy... I did not brace myself for the stabbing pains! 

I didn't expect to be this exhausted. DS is pretty independent for the most part. He can play by himself for 30 minutes or more most days but even with getting to sit/rest I still get so tired. I had the typical first tri fatigue, then I felt better for like a week or two, now I'm back to exhausted. LOL 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"