April 2012 Moms
Options

I'm so sick of...

Advice from EVERYONE this weekend about what to do now, at delivery and after the baby comes (men & women).

I'm also sick of people saying "just wait" about everything. I get it. Life is going to change. Babies will cry. Messes will be made. Nice things will be broken. Gross things will happen. Why does everything have to suck now, too?

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who had a weekend full of obnoxious people to deal with. What are you sick of?

Sorry for format. I'm on my Nook.
Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I'm so sick of...

• Options
    I HATE the "just wait" comments. The funny part is that I think the "just waits" I got before I had DS have yet to happen. Not a single one! I try to rub how great my kid is to all the people who tried to tell me how horrible it would be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm adding more because I've had a hell of a weekend.

I'm sick of my nipples hurting, MH's friend who is over here for a party hitting on me, and for regurgitating everything when I bend over.
    Micah Leonard
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sick of people telling me what I should name my baby... oh how about this, or that, or this. How about you let me name my baby and leave me alone???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options
    I hate the "just you waits!"  They never stop, especially if you have friends/relatives with kids who are slightly older than yours.  OMG.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My SIL constantly says "when you have this baby you will" or "your bosy will do this". She's a first time mom who's baby is 7 weeks old I don't understand how that makes her an expert on my body. On Christmas she actually said "after you have this baby you will *** yourself for a while" in front of family, right after complaining about how nasty we are for my husband giving me a kiss on the cheek. and on Thanksgiving she whipped out her floppy, fat, stretch marked belly and told my husband that is what her to look forward to. She's even told me things that I need to take off my registry, including a breast pump that she doesn't like even though she only breast fed for about a week. 
  • Options
    I am so sick of people telling me how I should sleep, what i should eat, and "just wait until they get older" (had a parent tell me NOT to sleep on my left side, because i may die.) Really?! How dumb can you get? Friends telling me how horrible i'm going to be feeling, and how nasty everything is.  Obviously it wasn't *that* bad or you wouldn't have had 2 kids.  
    image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageLuvmy2sons:
    I'm sick of people telling me what I should name my baby... oh how about this, or that, or this. How about you let me name my baby and leave me alone???
    YesYesYes
    Micah Leonard
  • Options

I am sick of my SIL telling me how fat I am, how I am harming my baby by not drinking milk, and I am sick of her "forgetting" that this child will be raised in the Jewish faith. 

At my last appointment, I had gained less than 5 pounds, milk makes me horribly sick (although yogurt doesn't bother me), oh, and I am Jewish, my H (Catholic) and I long ago decided that our children will be Jewish,so please stop buying me crosses.

Fortunately we will be returning home tomorrow, I do much better with my inlaws when I have limited contact with them. 

• Options

Not a FTM, so I don't get the "just you wait" kind of advice anymore. 

But I am getting annoyed with people kind of pitying me having 2u2. "Oh no, two in diapers." "They'll be so close WHEN THEY GET OLDER". etc....

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

I really hate the "just you wait" comments from people who have much older kids or no kids at all.  Having a kid 15 years ago does not make you an expert on newborns.

I did appreciate having a conversation with close friends of ours that had a baby in September, and Friday was the first we saw them since.  It is nice to get honest information from friends on what it was like for them and some of those after labor things that no one tells you (that I wouldn't know if it wasn't for some of you veteran parents on here!)

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm sick of people asking me to sit down or telling me 'don't pick that up that's to heavy'.  Seriously, a possible 1 pound box is not going to hurt me!
    Be the change you wish to see in the World, Ghandi IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imageshmoos:

I am sick of my SIL telling me how fat I am, how I am harming my baby by not drinking milk, and I am sick of her "forgetting" that this child will be raised in the Jewish faith. 

At my last appointment, I had gained less than 5 pounds, milk makes me horribly sick (although yogurt doesn't bother me), oh, and I am Jewish, my H (Catholic) and I long ago decided that our children will be Jewish,so please stop buying me crosses.

Fortunately we will be returning home tomorrow, I do much better with my inlaws when I have limited contact with them. 

Not cool.
    Micah Leonard
  • Options

imagelindaklange:
    I'm sick of people asking me to sit down or telling me 'don't pick that up that's to heavy'.  Seriously, a possible 1 pound box is not going to hurt me!

Oh yeah, I'm getting this.  Uh, I have a 25lb toddler. If I don't pick her up, who is going to.  Duh. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

Oh you just wait!!  Wink

The advice and just waits got worse for me once DD was born!  Drives me BSC. 

Just you wait until she walks.

Just you wait until she figures the rules out.

Just you wait....

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Options
    My sister just recently had her baby my niece is 6 weeks old this week. I saw my sister over the weekend she was pouring water into her bottle and I asked her if she needed me to hold on the bottle while she poured and she was like no I got this and then looked at me and said "just you wait till he gets here you'll learn to do things one handed" I've heard so many "just you waits" from her and then of course my FIL always has put in his two sense of his own "just you waits". We've tried to tell him that our child is gonna have discipline and he just laughs at us like we are stupid. Oh and I'm so sick of ppl asking me how i'm doing and how the preg. is going and when I said I'm fine and no I'm dealing with morning sickness anymore they are just like "wow your lucky etc etc" But I was just so irritable this weekend I just wanted to go home especially after my FIL sat there and bashed his own son in front of him like he was stupid.
  • Options
    Has anyone also noticed that instead of being asked 'How are you?' you are asked 'How are you feeling??' I know ppl are just wondering, but it's kind of annoying...oh and I can't stand when ppl say 'Name the baby after me!!' Yeah, I'm not gonna do that. There's a lady at church who always calls the baby 'Little Nancy', it drives me CRAZY
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"