Baby Showers

What are you serving?

Hi ladies. I'm a regular poster in 3T but am hosting a baby shower for my sister in February and am looking for some ideas on food.  We set the time for 2, so we are thinking heavy snacks/appetizers.  Any suggestions? What are you serving or what have been some of your favorites at showers you have been to?

Re: What are you serving?

• Heavy snacks sounds perfect for 2 PM. I'd add some sweets too, but that's just personal taste. ;)
  • imageFemShep:
    Heavy snacks sounds perfect for 2 PM. I'd add some sweets too, but that's just personal taste. ;)

yes sweets are a must! We will be serving a cake but am just looking for ideas for the heavy appetizers/snacks 

• Loading the player...
  • If you're looking for something pre-made, Trader Joes has amazing apps. If you like to cook, look for stuff you can make ahead of time. Meatballs in a slow cooker are heavier and easy. A chocolate fondue is easy and delicious. Salads are good make-aheads. My go-to sites for tasty, easy recipes are Real Simple, Cooking Light, and Nigella Lawson.
  • cocktail sausages, finger sandwiches, meatballs, fruit/cheese tray, veggie tray, some type of dip (i.e. spinach artichoke), jambalaya, gumbo, wings, chicken strips 

can you tell I'm from the South? 

• My sister is having a mix of sandwiches, wraps, salads, homemade mac and cheese and then cake and drinks--simple but tasty comfort foods.
  • For my baby shower, my mother found a hotel that will provide the banquet room and the catering for a great price. It will also be at 2. Along with providing all the linens, tables & cake service, this is what they will serving: Tropical fruit tray, vegetable & cheese tray, assorted finger sandwiches (160 pieces), Franks in a blanket (80 pieces), along with iced tea, coffee, & water. All this is for 40 guests. All we have to do is bring the cake and cookies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"