April 2012 Moms
Options

Another BH question from a FTM

I'm starting to wonder if I've been getting these, without realizing what they were, because I get them almost every time... I go to the bathroom (for any reason). When I get up, I feel like my abdomen has been taken over by a bowling ball, causing me to struggle getting back up. I always thought it was just hard for me to get up, until I realized I never had this when getting up from the couch or a chair.

My abdomen will go rock hard and it can be uncomfortable, but definitely not painful. I've noticed this getting out of bed, too, but honestly, I always thought my LO was shifting positions, making life temporarily uncomfortable, until I noticed the pattern. (Sorry for the run-on.)

Does anyone else get BH after using the restroom? 

ETA: fixed my title after drinking my coffee 

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Another BH question from a FTM

• Options
    I get them if I have to go pee really really bad, sorry if TMI. Standing doesn't really bring them on for me. I get them mostly at night while relaxing at the end of the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options

imageLuvmy2sons:
    I get them if I have to go pee really really bad, sorry if TMI. Standing doesn't really bring them on for me. I get them mostly at night while relaxing at the end of the day.

Thank you! And I don't think it's the standing up that's causing them. I just think I notice them because I'm standing up, at least for the restroom ones. I'm not sure about the ones when I get out of bed in the morning. 

Micah Leonard
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think I've been getting them too.  I don't get any cramping with them but sometimes when I'm standing, my stomach will start to feel really heavy and when I feel it it's really hard.

Also, when I wake up in the morning my stomach is hard as a rock. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is exactly what happens to me...and I was assuming it is BH.  It's so strange to not know precisely what you are feeling but based on everyone's descriptions and what I have read, definitely BH.  (FTM as well). 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My stupid irritable uterus means anything brings on contractions, but yes, every time I use the bathroom I have a contraction.
  • Options
    I get them before I have to pee, lay on my back, while I'm sleeping I wake up with them and if I switch positions in bed. I haven't gotten them while standing up, that's actually what causes mine to stop - standing up and walking. They don't hurt they but are just uncomfortable and does get in the way of standing up since everything is tight. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I feel so much better now! I had no idea that people were having them this often. Heck, I had no idea that I was having them this often! I also thought they'd be a bigger deal than what they are. Much like the rest of my life, it's not the pomp and circumstance that I anticipated.
    Micah Leonard
  • Options
    Yes, I have been getting them here and there where my stomach gets really hard and kind of takes my breath away for a second.  Not painful at all but can be uncomfortable.
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"