Adoption

We got a placement - 3 siblings!

They called us yesterday with 3 siblings - 6yo boy, 2yo girl and 1yo girl. We said yes! But they're not legally free and this is the first time they've been removed. I guess mom is in jail. I'm really worried that they'll go home. Their worker says she's pretty sure it will lead to termination. But the kids seem healthy and well taken care of. It's really hard because we have all these friends and family who are so excited and giving us money for Santa and buying us stuff and bringing furniture. And we may not keep them. It just seems strange. I feel like we're making this their home right away and it may not be. They could be gone next week. I don't know how you make them your family but also remember they may leave. It seems like we're jumping the guy, setting up bedrooms and buying all this stuff. But that's what you have to do, right?

I'll just feel awful if we can't keep them and people have been so generous. Our worker said once mom gets out of jail, she'll have to do visitation and such. I'm just so nervous. But the kids are so amazing. Our house has been absolute chaos. I've barely slept or ate or even sat down in three days and I'm an emotional mess but we're figuring it out. We have so much help and it's been great. It's just crazy going from 0 to 3 in a couple hours. 

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: We got a placement - 3 siblings!

• That is so exciting! I guess just try and enjoy it and love your new family :-)
    Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • That's so exciting!!  I wouldn't feel anxious about people being "too generous" b/c they might not stay with you; you'll give these kids an amazing Christmas and no one will ever be able to take that away.  Keep loving on them and let your friends do the same.  Hope everything works out!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Loading the player...
  • This is their home. For as long as it can be. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!
  • imageDr.Loretta:
    This is their home. For as long as it can be. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!

exactly.  From day 1 our home was their home, we were their parents and they were part of our family and we did everything we would have done if we birthed them. I knew it was going to hurt no matter what if/when they left, so I may as well have gone all in from the beginning.

best of luck to you!! Your sib group is almost identical to mine - is busy but fun! I"m here if you ever need an ear!

• Enjoy them while you have them. You are going to have so much fun this Christmas!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

•  The generosity of your friends and family is for the children, and I'm sure they will be understanding if/when they children return to their bio mom.    

Enjoy Christmas with your new family!    

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How Exciting!  Treasure this time however long or short!
  • Enjoy this Christmas!  I hope everything works out for you. What an exciting time!!!!
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • What we learned in our classes from guest speakers (foster adopt parents) was that the best way to set your mind for what's ahead is to put yourself in the mindset that no matter what happens (including hard court mandated visits with criminal abusive parents) is that your job is to provide the best loving home and situation for the children. You are their family - and by extension - your family is theirs also. They are giving to help you prepare a HOME.  Enjoy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"