Adoption
Options

By this time next year....

Finish this sentence.

For me:

By this time next year, (God willing) I hope to have a new, sweet little miracle in my arms and celebrate Christmas as a family of four!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog

Re: By this time next year....

• Options
    I hope to be focusing less on the chaos of the holiday and more on creating Christmas traditions with our new little one that will (hopefully by then!) be in our home!
    Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Options
    I will have a one year old, and should be finally finished with college. So Christmas will be a lot of fun!
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehway24:
    I will have a one year old, and should be finally finished with college. So Christmas will be a lot of fun!

I am so jealous- not only because of your beautiful little one but because you will be done with school! I don't graduate until May 2013... 

Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Options

By this time next year, who knows what we will be up to!  I know the Christmas season is a big time for reflection, and I keep thinking about our life over the last year and pinching myself. 

Not to rain on your parade, but last year was the first time in a looooong time that I didn't tell myself, "next Christmas we'll have a baby/be pregnant."  Last Christmas I had absolutely no expectation for this year.  I was even planning to go to the Carribean for Christmas this year to avoid it all. 

And this Christmas?  We have a six month old daughter!  Life has never been sweeter, and I am in absolute shock.  I feel like this was worth all the waiting in the world.

I don't want to be a downer, but try not to to set yourself up for disappointment.  You WILL celebrate Christmas with your children, but it might not be next year.  I would focus on thinking about what you will do with your children and the new/old traditions you will have, but don't put a timeline on it.  It sucks to be disppointed at Christmas because your dreams didn't come true yet.  I have always loved Christmas, and I hate that I ruined it for myself for several years.  I wish I could get that time back and enjoy it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicbr>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

After the <amazing> year we've had- I've given up trying to predict God's plan for us!  I had thought that *maybe* by this Christmas, if IF treatments went well that we'd be announcing we were pregnant or had submitted our dossier for international adoption, never in a million years would I have imagined we would be celebrating this year with our 9 month old daughter.

God had an even more amazing plan in store for us, and personally, I'm a big fan of his work!

• Options

I will have a 2 year old and a 1 year 4 month old.  I hope I'll be able to really start holiday traditions.  This year was great but the traditions fell on two babies that didn't get it.

In addition, I hope to have more our future as a family.  Decisions like moving, changing careers, and having a third baby loom in my mind.  I hade indecision!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"