Pregnant after 35

Anyone good with computers? (NBR)

The sound on my laptop is only working if I plug in headphones.  I know its not on mute, I've checked as much as my computer-illiterate self could think to check.  I'm guessing something happened to the speakers since it works fine as long as I plug headphones in.  Does this have anything to do with the sound card?

Signed,

Clueless with computers

TIA!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone good with computers? (NBR)

• You may have disabled your speakers. Try going to control panel, then Sounds. Right click on your speakers (may be under devices) and make sure they say Enabled.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you kiwi - - I tried your suggestion, still no luck.  Crying
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told (by my geeky bf.. lol) that it sounds as if it could be a loose connection to the speaker plug in inside your laptop. Just based on what you posted and is only a guess. Could also be your drivers for your speakers which you can check pretty easily.

Control Panel

Device Manager

Sound 

See if there is an exclamation mark. That would be able to tell you if it's the drivers.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The speakers in your notebook may be bad, but it's probably not the sound card. Generally, if the sound card is bad, there's nothing to "drive" the sound, so nothing would give you play back. You may need to stick with headphones and external speakers. Without looking at it, I can't be sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"