June 2012 Moms
Options

Bridesmaid dress for 3 months postpartum

Hi ladies!  I am going bridesmaid dress shopping next week for a wedding in October (3 months after baby is born).  Any idea approximately how big I should get my dress?  I am a first time mom and I plan on bfing, so I know my chest will be bigger...how much bigger will the rest of me be? (Of course taking into account that everyone's different, etc).

Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid dress for 3 months postpartum

• Options

I don't think anyone will be able to answer this question for you.  It's just going to depend.

I'm in a wedding at the end of October and I've been wondering the same thing.  I'm just going to get a dress that is a size bigger then I normally wear and hope I can fit in it, if I need to make it smaller, I can do that.

I'm also getting a dress that's a-line so that it's more flow-y and not form fitting just in case.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'd get at LEAST one size bigger. Everyone gains a different amount of weight, and gain sit in different spots. My theory is, the bigger the better, and you can take it in if you have to. You don't want to find out in August or September that you wont' be able to fit into it and have to get a new one (which, in some cases, doing it that late you won't be able to get a new one.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    by 3 months PP with DSI was smaller than I was pre preg. I wanna say about 5-10lbs. The hard part is gonna be where you carry the weight ad and where it drops. I had a little extra belly nothing major or noticable to anyone but me. I lost my butt and thights the most at my smallest I was a size 2-4 (1yr-18 months) pre preg 8-10
    Our Halloween Treat! Self-weaned at 23months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have the same situation!  Very curious, as I have to go shopping for it in Feb...

Sorry, that wasn't helpful to you... but a great question! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in a wedding in the middle of October too, but I'm due the beginning of June. I ordered my dress a size up. I plan to breast feed and I'm pretty thin to start with so I'm hoping it won't be too hard to lose most of the baby weight. I like to jog outside in the nice weather so I hope to be able to do that this summer too. I'm also short and will need my dress hemmed regardless so there will be a lot of extra fabric around if extra room was needed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am in a wedding at the very beginning of October and I'm due at the very end of June. I plan on getting a dress a few sizes bigger than normal in case my boobs are huge and then just have it tailored to fit. One of my bridesmaids did this (she's normally a size 6 and ordered a 12 or 14) and it worked out great for her.
  • Options
    By 3 months PP I was back to my pre pregnancy size if not a little smaller.  My boobs were huge but other than that I was wearing my normal pants 8 weeks PP.  I would order a dress that fits now and you should be good, unless you are rapidly gaining weight.
  • Options
    My sister is getting married middle of October and when I told her we were pregnant, we went to get me fitted right them. We were lucky because the dress designer was there. She suggested a corset back. Then you can move the dress up or down 2 sizes. So i ordered what I would have worn at a month pregnant. So ask the salon if a corset is an option in the style you are ordering. I know many designers do that, for this reason. Good luck! Hopefully we all get back to the orgninal date. Amazing how many of us are BM in October!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat!  By 3 months pp with DS I was my prepregnancy size but 10 lbs heavier.  I wasn't actively trying to lose the weight so when I went back to work, I joined WW online and lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks.  I was exercising as of 4 1/2 weeks pp but only exclusively pumping so I wasn't getting the full fat burning benefits of breastfeeding.  Anyway, my advice would be to keep up your activity level (I worked out up until the day before I went into labor) so you can bounce back easier.  I'll probably order a dress size bigger than my prepregnancy size and hope they take it in a lot.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in a wedding the middle of September and I also ordered the dress one size bigger, just an FYI, ask if they have a size exchange option.  We ordered ours from David's Bridal and the lady told me that if I need to exchange my dress closer to the date because of having the babies, I can do that.  I had never heard that before or asked much about it but it might be worth checking into!  Good luck! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice!  It helps to hear from a variety of people about how big I may be.  I will definitely look for a corset back if possible and ask about size exchange.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"