D.C. Area Babies

Video monitor GOOD DEAL alert - Amazon

After reading some of the reviews here, we decided to buy the hi-tech Motorola with all the bells and whistles.  We've used the Summer Infant Day & Night for over 2 years and we're not thrilled with the brand in general (we've had to get parts replaced twice) and I think this Motorola has the highest reviews I've seen across the board.  We were originally debating this purchase because it was a good $50 more than the comparable hi-tech Summer Infant one.  However, over the last few days, I've watched it drop from $250 to $209 on Amazon (which is only about $10 difference than the Summer Infant). 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VL2VRO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Video monitor GOOD DEAL alert - Amazon

• Thank you! I was looking at that one also, so this is helpful. I just ordered it with the extra camera.

As an aside, we have a Summer monitor too (I think it's an older model), and I'm generally ok with it, but not thrilled. I can't turn the monitor off because there is no guarantee that I will be able to turn it back on (the power button is quirky), so I'm hoping this one is better!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • Does anyone have this monitor or another 2.4 Ghz monitor with a wireless modem?  We bought the oldest Summer Infant model that was 900 mghz because DH was concerned the 2.4 would interfere with our modem.  Well, after 1 1/2 the summer infant camera completely died and it doesn't look like replacement cameras are available any longer.  (Fortunately Amex covered the entire purchase price under its extended warranty program!)  So now we're in the market for a new set. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBirdGirl01:
    Does anyone have this monitor or another 2.4 Ghz monitor with a wireless modem?  We bought the oldest Summer Infant model that was 900 mghz because DH was concerned the 2.4 would interfere with our modem.  Well, after 1 1/2 the summer infant camera completely died and it doesn't look like replacement cameras are available any longer.  (Fortunately Amex covered the entire purchase price under its extended warranty program!)  So now we're in the market for a new set. 

i have this exact monitor - we got it for the reasons OP stated - overwhelming amount of good reviews. we LOVE it!

we've used it for about 2 months now and have a wireless modem from verizon. no problems at all.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"