February 2012 Moms

Baby in 83rd percentile = baby shrek

H dubbed DS Baby Shrek today.  Had my first growth ultrasound today after being diagnosed with GD and I have only gained 8 pounds per my scale, 12 per the office scale and I'm 32 weeks tomorrow.  Baby is weighing in at 4 pounds 13 ounces and in the 83rd percentile.  Yikes! 

I'm curious to see the next ultrasound to see growth at that point and compare - that will be in 4 weeks I believe.  At least now I know why I'm so uncomfortable - poor kiddo has NO room in there!  I have no torso - I'm short and just have no waist so he's sticking out but it's not comfortable for either of us lol. 

And it's funny, we could see his little pouty lips and cheeks which look chubby!  It was 2d but still awesome to see.  And he was doing this weird thing with his hand just like our other son did during his sonos!  And he is still a boy - I did ask her to double check to just make sure lol. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby in 83rd percentile = baby shrek

• Our baby weights are very close, but our percentiles are way off.  I was 32w2d yesterday.  My ultrasound measurements were 4 lb 12 oz and that put her in the 71st percentile.  I wonder why there is such a big difference.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The percentiles generally go by weeks, so they probably rounded up or down on one of you.  The other thing is was the percentile the weight or the abdominal circumference?  Generally, with GD, they are more focused on the abdominal measurement.  So, you might be talking about different percentiles if one of you is talking weight and the other the AC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking probably abdominal because I know she took that measurement at least twice - I think to double check?  Because she mentioned that and I know did the same measurement two times.  And it was automatically calculated on the screen so I could see what the week and date calculation was. 
  • Lol, I call my LO "Baby Hulk" because her daddy is 6'5/350 and I call him Hulk because he is always breaking things on accident.  I will be interested to see how big she in 2 weeks with our growth u/s.  She feels huge in there because I'm running out of room to take a breath.
  • I too have GD and was diagnosed at 20wk, so I've had several ultrasounds and will continue getting them as I'm sure you will too, I've been going about every 3 wks, but start twice a wk next wk..  Last one I had was 2 weeks ago...so at 29 wks he was said to weigh 4lbs 9oz, in the 86th percentile.  At that point I'd only gained 4lbs.  I have my next appt tomorrow so I'm anxious to see what he's done in 2 weeks.  The tech said at this point they gain about 1/2 lb a week, we'll see! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel you. I had my growth ultra sound at 30w3days. My baby weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. and was in the 99th percentile!! I about fell over. The doctor has pretty much guaranteed that I will not make it to February (I am due on the 3rd) and we will have another ultra sound when I am 36 weeks to determine when he will be coming.
    Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagejenn.schott:
    I feel you. I had my growth ultra sound at 30w3days. My baby weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. and was in the 99th percentile!! I about fell over. The doctor has pretty much guaranteed that I will not make it to February (I am due on the 3rd) and we will have another ultra sound when I am 36 weeks to determine when he will be coming.

I go back to my doctor next week and then the MFM and dietician again the week after (my numbers were good so she is letting me skip a week) so I will see where we stand at that point.  They originally said we will do growth ultrasounds every 4 weeks so the next one would put me about 36 weeks as well so I am sure they won't tell me much until then or at least closer, but I'm curious if they will push induction or what the deal is.  I'm due Feb. 16th so I told H we need to be prepared just in case of anything by the end of January.  I bought some diapers and other stuff yesterday and will finish washing everything by mid January. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"