Pregnant after 35
Options

This board is slow....so...WFD?

Yes, its only lunch time and I'm already thinking dinner.

What's everyone having tonight?  I'm always looking for new ideas.

We're having leftovers - Orechiette with Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone.  I tried this recipe last night - super easy and good.  My only change was to add garlic. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/orechiette-with-sausage-beans-and-mascarpone-recipe2/index.html

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: This board is slow....so...WFD?

• Options
    Grilled (via George Foreman) chicken and brussel sprouts. Not very creative or adventurous, but quick and easy. That is what is important on week nights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mini meatball subs.
    ~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageYaraC:
    Grilled (via George Foreman) chicken and brussel sprouts. Not very creative or adventurous, but quick and easy. That is what is important on week nights.

I've never been a big brussel sprouts fan - - how do you prepare them?

• Options
    Not a clue.  I just ate my leftover tofu and veggie stir fry for lunch.  No idea what we're going to do for dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagehijoi:
    I'm having a micro lasagna and Nathaniel will be having some mac and cheese. Not feeling too hot today.  Not sick, just tired...

My first trimester sucked, and it wasn't nearly as icky as yours has been. Hope you feel better!

Dinner?  IDK, probably "fend for yourself 'cause I ain't cooking until Sunday"

• Options
    imageFyreFlyeRush:

My first trimester sucked, and it wasn't nearly as icky as yours has been. Hope you feel better!

Dinner?  IDK, probably "fend for yourself 'cause I ain't cooking until Sunday"

What are you making for xmas?

• Options
    No idea. Need to go shopping.
  • Options
    I have a sinus infection, so I can't taste anything and I can only fathom eating soft foods that don't require much chewing.  I'm also exhausted by the thought of cooking.  All I can muster the energy for is pasta with sauce from a jar.  Plus bread for DS (he hates pasta) and salad for DH.  Not exciting.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    imageSaintCity:

imageYaraC:

I absolutely love the b sprouts.  They are my favorite fall/winter vegetable (I know that makes me a super freak, but I grew up in the midwest with a big old garden in my backyard - fresh sprouts were such a winter treat - totally worth wading through the snow to cut them off the frozen stalks).  Now I buy them at Trader Joes as they have consistently good quality ones.  

This recipe will make anyone a sprout fan: 

https://smittenkitchen.com/2011/11/dijon-braised-brussels-sprouts/#more-7985

Trader Joes and Wegmans also sometimes have chiffonaded (sp?) sprouts in the prepared food section, which is where they have been sliced up super fine.   They are packaged with the saute oil and other prepared ingredients, like sliced shallots, for a quick and easy sauteed veggie to have with dinner. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and dinner tonight?  DH is out at a corporate function so I had a very gourmet dinner of a Chobani paired with a crisp apple and a cheese stick.  Feeling totally lazy in the run up to the holidays. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Spaghetti with meat sauce, ground turkey & ground chuck!!

cheese filled bread sticks from the freezer section.

I'm not as violently ill as I was in my first trimester, but I still have constant nausea & dizzy spells.

I'm not cooking like crazy these days 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Carl's Jr.. Big Carl with fried zucchini.. so tasty.. but we've been eating out every night for over a week and I gotta get to cooking again.. o.O 
  • Options
    imageHuahine:
    imageSaintCity:

imageYaraC:

I absolutely love the b sprouts.  They are my favorite fall/winter vegetable (I know that makes me a super freak, but I grew up in the midwest with a big old garden in my backyard - fresh sprouts were such a winter treat - totally worth wading through the snow to cut them off the frozen stalks).  Now I buy them at Trader Joes as they have consistently good quality ones.  

This recipe will make anyone a sprout fan: 

https://smittenkitchen.com/2011/11/dijon-braised-brussels-sprouts/#more-7985

Trader Joes and Wegmans also sometimes have chiffonaded (sp?) sprouts in the prepared food section, which is where they have been sliced up super fine.   They are packaged with the saute oil and other prepared ingredients, like sliced shallots, for a quick and easy sauteed veggie to have with dinner. 

Totally trying this!  Thanks so much for sharing.  And it gives me an excuse to make a Trader Joes run today.

• Options
    imageSaintCity:

imageYaraC:

Most of the time I just do the microwave steam bags and add butter. We love them. When I have time, I steam them and then sautee them in butter. They are delicious but everybody has different tastes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"