November 2011 Moms

Is your LO smiling?

Mine's not yet and I am SO ready! My boys didn't smile until 8 weeks or so (real smiles, not passing gassy or sleeping ones) so I guess she'll be the same. I'm having a tough time right now bc she has hit a little fussy patch and I sure could use some smiles to balance it out!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is your LO smiling?

• yes! i got my first real smile yesterday morning. i was changing his diaper and said "good morning baby boy...would you like a clean diaper?" and he gave me the biggest grin. i cried and kissed his forehead and said i loved him and he smiled again. it was perfect :)

don't worry...it will happen soon!

• My DD started about a week and a half ago, but she isn't cooing yet, and I'm so ready for that.  DD1 was cooing non-stop by 6 weeks, and I was hoping to hear something out of this one too!  I have to learn not to compare, I guess :)

When DD1 smiled for the first time, it was after the fussiest day she'd ever had.  It was like she knew she needed to throw me a bone so I could do it all again the next day.  I'm sure you'll get your smiles soon--maybe she's saving them for your Christmas present!

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • Loading the player...
  • He started smiling right before his 1 month mark and now he smiles all the time!
    DSCN3696
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LO is about to be 10 weeks but adjusted age would be 6 weeks and he has just started really smiling this week.  He has done a few random ones here and there but today is the first day where he has done them several times!  LOVE THEM!

He started cooing at 6 weeks so I have been anxiously waiting those first smiles since then.

• Yes!  She started last week and smiles at me more than DH;)

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Just a little bit - not really when she sees me but just randomly (changing her diaper, after her bath and sometimes when we're talking to her). I can't wait til she smiles a lot more!
  • She seems too smile when we talk to her or kiss her and she smiles at the dog a lot but everyone keeps telling me that it is too early and it is still just gas =/
  • Yes he started smiling 2-3 weeks ago. I LIVE for them, they make me so happy. It's amazing that H and I will say something and he responds, we both get teary eyed haha!
  • imagemrsredrox:
    Yes he started smiling 2-3 weeks ago. I LIVE for them, they make me so happy. It's amazing that H and I will say something and he responds, we both get teary eyed haha!

OMG, your Christmas card is hilarious!

• She has been smiling the past 2 weeks. I felt like it was taking forever. DS smiled just before hitting 1 month.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Addy throws us a few here and there, but she stops the second I crab the camera or the phone. I swear she's learning how to mess with mommy already!
  • Yes! Started doing it a lot about a week ago... around 5 weeks old.
  • Ronan started smiling around 3 weeks old.. Closer to the 4 week mark. Don't stress, your LO will smile soon. :D
  • Yes, he has been smiling for a couple weeks now. I thought it was "accidental" at first, but every time I talk to him in a melodic tone, make eye contact and stroke his cheek or forehead he starts grinning from ear to ear. This week I've heard what sounds like the beginnings of him figuring out how to laugh. It's absolutely amazing! Smile
  • Maeve started about a week ago.  I thought it was just gas but when she wasn't tooting after the smile, I realized it was a real smile.  It's seriously the CUTEST thing I have ever seen and my heart literally skips a beat every time I see it.  I love it so much.  She is starting to make noise - I know she wants to coo but is trying to figure out how to get it done.  I think it will be soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • My LO still isn't :( She'll be 8 weeks tomorrow. We get a small grin now and then, but it doesn't seem to be intentional. I want to see that happy face so badly.
  • Mine started smiling at 5 weeks. He now has two varieties of smile -- the little wry one, and the big openmouthed one. I love them both!

He just started cooing last Saturday, when he was nearly 9 weeks old.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"