April 2012 Moms
Options

Being 24 weeks now

Last year I had the most precious boy in my grade 6 class who was born at 24 weeks. He is so funny, sweet and super smart (though he has his limitations, including a non-verbal learning disability.) He has his share of health issues to be sure - hearing aids, tracheotomy, often sick, etc. but he still seems to have such a good, full life and he loves, loves, loves his family. Despite the certain difficulties, I think it's amazing that babies that young can survive and grow up to be like Matt has if they were to be born at 24 weeks. 

We had the cutest conversation the other day:

M: Do you know what you're having?

Me: Yes, a girl.

M: A girl. Hm. Might I suggest "Olympia?"

It was adorable.  

Re: Being 24 weeks now

• Options
    imagemommy~to~mj:

Last year I had the most precious boy in my grade 6 class who was born at 24 weeks. He is so funny, sweet and super smart (though he has his limitations, including a non-verbal learning disability.) He has his share of health issues to be sure - hearing aids, tracheotomy, often sick, etc. but he still seems to have such a good, full life and he loves, loves, loves his family. Despite the certain difficulties, I think it's amazing that babies that young can survive and grow up to be like Matt has if they were to be born at 24 weeks. 

We had the cutest conversation the other day:

M: Do you know what you're having?

Me: Yes, a girl.

M: A girl. Hm. Might I suggest "Olympia?"

It was adorable.  

That is too cute!

• Options
    Amazing and adorable. Also, Olympia was in the running for a short time before we settled on Aurora.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"