Pregnant after 35
Options

Intro/Hello!

Hi,

I have been finding a lot of good information on this site so I thought I would post. 

I will be 12 weeks this week and I am 38 yrs.  My husband is turning 35 in a few weeks.  I wasn't sure I would do this again since I had my DD 11 years ago and had an awful delivery experience (level 4 tears, shoulder dystocia, Erbs Palsy).  Needless, to say, I will be having a planned C so we don't ruin the 4 repair surgeries I had after the last delivery. 

So, because it has been so long sooooo much is going to feel new to me.  I have a NT Scan scheduled for tomorrow morning which is new to me and a bit scary (hence me searching around on boards for info). 

I will be happy to hear success stories from Moms that are over 35!  Also C section info and general tips since I am very out of practice!!

Thanks!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro/Hello!

• Options
    Hi and welcome, wow you sure did have it rough 1st time round!!!  This will go easier since your having a c-section, i have no tips sorry, this is my 1st at 40, congrats and have a wonderful pregnancy.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I am 38, but this is my seventh. The last two have been over 35 but the only difference I can see is that there are a few more tests to navigate and there's always a little uncertainty in that. If you are healthy, there isn't much to worry about though. GL!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck with the NT tomorrow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Sweet Jeebus that sounds like a horrific birth experience last time around. I am so sorry.

But hi and welcome! And good luck tomorrow!!!

• Options
    Welcome aboard and congrats to you and hubby!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! 
  • Options

Whew, the NT Scan came out very good and no issues were found.  What a relief!  It was so neat to see him/her moving all around in there!  The heartbeat was good too! 

Now we have another one scheduled for 2/1 and we should hopefully be able to see if we will be buying pink or blue.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I'm 39 but had a planned C-section with my 1st at 38. I scheduled it for first thing in the morning, had a good night's sleep the night before, went in at 6am and was holding a baby at 8:17am. Recovery was very easy for me. I was up and walking around the same afternoon as the C-section and was out of the hospital and home in 2 days. I think it is easier if the C-Section is planned because you don't have to go through a tough labor and then recover from the labor AND the c-section. Anyway, I'm planning on another C-section this time around since it went so smoothly. Hope you have an easy and healthy pregnancy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"