December 2011 Moms

What did/do you plan to do on day before an induction/ LO's arrival?

So my dr. does not allow patients to go over 41 weeks. It looks like I am going to need an induction (which I am really frustrated about) TOMORROW!

I don't know what to do but feel SO anxious. Google is NOT my friend. Everything is done, cleaned, I am all shopped out, I am going for yet another manicure and maybe preparenthood dinner/outing! I am super excited to meet LO but also it is still a little surreal! I wish she just came on her own accord.

Anywho, so what did you do on your last day before LO's arrival?

Or if you knew it was your last day before meeting LO what would you be doing?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What did/do you plan to do on day before an induction/ LO's arrival?

• I'd be working most likely followed by lots of resting/sleeping.
    image Started TTC 11/07 BFP 09/24/08 Miscarriage 09/30/08 First cycle of clomid August 09 Second cycle of clomid September 09 BFP 09/30/09 Miscarriage 10/10/09 Three more rounds of clomid and no success Diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility Abnormal Bleeding for 3 months resulted in D&C but results were normal November 2010 100mg clomid but didn't respond December 2010 forced break for a cyst February 2011 150mg clomid but still no response March 2011 250mg clomid and responded! Ovidrel trigger shot and IUI on March 31 Beta #1 11dpo: 27 Beta #2 15dpo: 85 Beta #3 18dpo 276 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The day before I was induced was spent cleaning. That night dh and I went to a nice dinner and a movie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Tomorrow is my "day before induction."  I am planning on getting an adjustment at the chiropractor, to hopefully have things nicely aligned for delivery.  Don't really have any other plans.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good question! I am bored but have no motivation to clean. 

I did go to the grocery store today.  I decided not to go out in public again until after the baby because I am tired of the questions and suggestions!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I only had a few hours notice, but I had DH take me to one of our favorite restaurants for a last dinner with just us. Also since they starve you in the hospital I wanted to fill up!!

Your doctor can't force an induction on you. If you aren't comfortable getting one and you and baby are both healthy, just don't show up. Due dates are estimates, an it's frustrating when doctors put so much weight on them.  

• i'll be working, then we'll have dinner at home, probably. we just scheduled our appointment 45 minutes ago, but haven't talked much about it.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • imageSandAndsSea:
    imageBFab11:

I only had a few hours notice, but I had DH take me to one of our favorite restaurants for a last dinner with just us. Also since they starve you in the hospital I wanted to fill up!!

Your doctor can't force an induction on you. If you aren't comfortable getting one and you and baby are both healthy, just don't show up. Due dates are estimates, an it's frustrating when doctors put so much weight on them.  

I would go out for a nice dinner and maybe a movie.  I wouldn't "just not show up" though because they schedule inductions and you may be causing someone else to wait who wants/needs the induction tomorrow. But if you really don't want one and are comfortable waiting longer, call and schedule it for next week instead.

Agreed. I would call and reschedule for next week if both you and LO are healthy. No-one can force you to have any medical procedure and it is rediculous when OBs try to pressure/guilt anyone into it. This especially irks me holiday season where it often seems to be a matter of convinience on the doctors part.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageBFab11:

I only had a few hours notice, but I had DH take me to one of our favorite restaurants for a last dinner with just us. Also since they starve you in the hospital I wanted to fill up!!

Yes, I know...she's not forcing me and I do totally trust her. I can technically wait until Thursday but there is no indication that LO is on her way naturally, I really don't want to be in the hospital for Christmas either. So I probably will end up with an induction regardless...may as well do it tomorrow! I just wish LO will come on her own in the next few hrs...LOL!

ETA...Not frustrated with dr...just in general! I knew her POV since the beginning.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I worked! lol. It was only a 6 hour shift, but still not exactly what I was hoping to do. I don't remember exactly what we did that evening, but if I had any idea that my water was going to break overnight I would have gone out to my favorite restaurant and gone to see a movie. I don't know when we'll get to go out on a date night again, so it would have been a good opportunity. Oh well, Redbox and a frozen pizza is just as romantic, right? Wink
  • The day before i busted out some xmas decorations and luckily got a few up.  I was *exhausted* that night.  More so than usual.  Went to bed early and got a few hours sleep before labor started in the middle of the night...

If I had known that was my last day, I would have rested up more and had a good meal.  As it was we ordered pizza, which while tasty, killed in the heartburn dept.  LOL.  We did get in some QT with the other kids though, which was nice... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I'm getting induced on Wednesday if LO doesn't make an appearance beforehand. 

Tomorrow I'm planning on picking up the house and relaxing. I'm hoping I can convince DH to come home from work a bit early so we can take the dogs for a long walk before it gets dark, then have dinner and watch a movie together. And probably some sex in a last ditch effort to get LO out.  

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I sat on the couch all day and watched Christmas movies! If I knew I was going into labor that night I would of been a little more productive
  • I literally worked right up to the day LO was born. I work in a daycare and I spent the day teasing my coworker about having our children on the same day (she had an induction, I didn't know we'd REALLY have our babies on the same day) and fielding the nonstop "still here?" questions. I went home, cooked dinner and sent SD to her BM's house. A quick shower and I hit the hay- just to have my water break 10 seconds later. I think it was 2 days before I went to bed again o.o;;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"