Philadelphia Babies

Pre-natal massage?

Anyone have a pre-natal massage in the Philly area? I was offered a gift card to a spa, but don't know of any good area ones..

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pre-natal massage?

• They're a bit west of the city, but I went to Lords and Ladies Salon.  Call ahead though, they only have certain people that do pre-natal.
  • Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an amzing massage last weekend from Gwyn at Judy Moon and associated.  they are in center city off off washington square. judymoon.com
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Healing Hands has great massage therapists, they have locations in Delco & the Main Line.  In the city, Terme Di Aroma is one of my favorite spas. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you!!
  • I love Terme di Roma too, but did not like the pre-natal massage I got there. It was just a softer version of a regular massage, it was so not worth the money. I definitely needed someone who was trained to work with a pregnant body, the best person I found was Margaret at the Yoga Garden in Narberth. She was great, I used her for both my pregnancies.
  • Has anyone gotten a pre-natal massage at Toppers Spa?  I've heard some spas have a special table for pregnant woman that will accommodate a large belly, and some places just make you lay on your side...that doesn't seem very relaxing. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • My sister has gotten prenatal massages at Toppers. She said it was "ok". The problem with the whole in the table for your belly is that it could cause some strain on your back and around your belly. I had a wonderful prenatal massage at Jolie Spa in Blue Bell. I did lie on my side but they give you a body pillow to help you relax. It was awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I found a Groupon for a place called Trinity Heaven Message.  It is in Blue Bell and is literally a woman and a table.  She was super nice and did an amazing job!  I laid on my side with a pillow.  The only downside was that she wanted to talk the whole time and I wanted to rest!

Also, Heaven Spa in Jenkintown.  They are pretty good as well.  They do require a doctor's note.

• anyone in the bucks county area should try out Harmony & Health Day Spa in Langhorne, they do an amazing prenatal massage, using pillows while you lay on your side on a heated table. the therapist are all trained to work with pregnant bodies & really focused on the areas that hurt me. (hips, low back, knee)

not very expensive either, soooo worth the money, i want to get one every weeek!!!

ps- also got a facial, it was amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"