April 2012 Moms
Options

Seriously? 20 lbs?!!?

Just left my monthly checkup... With a warning to lay off the food and think about walking a little... Apparently I gained over 20 pounds since my last appointment... 7 of them since last Monday??!!!?? Holy cannoli!! I suppose I should lay off the Five Guys... Mmmm Five Guys....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seriously? 20 lbs?!!?

• Options
    I just had Five Guys this weekend for the first time. Yum :) My burger was one big messy delicious mess! lol.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am packing on the pounds as well.  I can't stay away from pizza & fries- and my appetite is OUT OF CONTROL!!
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Factor in your poop...if I haven't gone in days, it is certain that's not all what you've eaten.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options

I wonder if a lot of that is water weight as well? I know when I eat a really salty meal lately I'll 'gain' 2-3 pounds in water weight and a couple days later I am back to normal.

aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm gonna go with all that stuff you guys said cuz it makes me feel better Smile 

And remember next month not to stop at Burger King before the appointment.  

• Options
    imageSweetPea681:

I'm gonna go with all that stuff you guys said cuz it makes me feel better Smile 

And remember next month not to stop at Burger King before the appointment.  

I say water and poop as well. My mom would not eat before appointments and then pig out on Whoppers and peanut M&Ms after she was done. That is how to do it lol 

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options

Lolol!!! I always gain A LOT of weight during my pregnancies. This is my 3rd. My doctors office does NOT even bother to tell me to lay off anything. THEY KNOW BETTER!!!! I easily pack on 25-35lbs. But I must say I snap back fairly well after my last 2 pregnancies. I?m hoping that will be the case with this one ? Lmbo!! I love my chinese, Italian & anything else with cheese, cheese & more cheese.  Plus not being able to use the bathroom regularly is a EXCUSE I plan to use ALLL THE TIME!!! Hehehehe!!! Good Luck!!!  Wink

• Options
    I have gained over 20lbs myself, so you are not alone. My doctor recommended a "Pregnany Nutrition for Dummies" book for me and now that I am off pelvic rest he told me to start walking. I love pizza too, it's been my downfall as well as all the other carbs I can get my hands on.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I try to have a small breakfast before I go of cereal or oatmeal, drink a bottle of water and make sure I poop before I go. :)
  • Options

dude, if there were a Five Guys withing 30 miles of my house, I'd be in real trouble.

As it stands, I've gained a lot. But my OB is only counting since my first appointment with her (I switched doctors at about 15 weeks). So she thinks I've only gained 8. Sucker. 

• Options
    i've heard from several people that right at 6 months you kinda pop! i've already gained 16lbs so i am trying to exercise a lot before my next appt! i'm nervous. lol
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Options
    imageHannahO28:

dude, if there were a Five Guys withing 30 miles of my house, I'd be in real trouble.

As it stands, I've gained a lot. But my OB is only counting since my first appointment with her (I switched doctors at about 15 weeks). So she thinks I've only gained 8. Sucker. 

Haha I love it!!  

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    I just had my appt today too and she said I've gained 25 total! I was shocked, I weighed myself at home only a couple days ago and my scale only showed a gain of about 15-16.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I always have appointments first thing in the morning! once I went in the evening and I had "gained" 5lbs since that morning due to a large lunch and not pooping lol.

I'm +16lbs and I have been eating healthy foods and exercising. But i think my body just wants to pack it on, the last couple of weeks the pounds seem to be coming on quickly. I'm going through a really hungry phase again now, and with Christmas coming I suspect December is going to be a big gain month.

7lbs in a week though is clearly fluid, nobody could gain that much real weight.

• Options

I'm feeling you on the weight gain, but not on the Five Guys. I tried it for the first time this summer and was majorly disappointed. In N Out is much better, IMO. 

At least we are more than 1/2 way there! 

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't count what they tell me at the doctors!  I have already informed them that the only fair time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning, after you have peed, naked.  If that criteria isn't met...your weigh in doesn't count:)
  • Options

imageKaitQuinn:
    I don't count what they tell me at the doctors!  I have already informed them that the only fair time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning, after you have peed, naked.  If that criteria isn't met...your weigh in doesn't count:)

hehehehe!!! Love it!! Stick out tongue

• Options

I think most people ahve a really big gain one month.   My first pregnancy I gained 14 pounds between my 20 week and 24 week appointment!    It happens.    

Of course since I am between 20 and 24 weeks now i keep weighing myself to see if it is going to happen again.    If I keep eating Christmas cookies morning, noon and night I am pretty sure I will be up 14 pounds in no time! 

• Options
    Yeah, I've gained 18.  And now I want a cheeseburger!
  • Options

I just left my monthly checkup and am up 24lbs total. 10 of which is in the last THREE weeks!

um....what's Five Guys? Please tell- I have no idea what it is, but I want this now. Big Smile

• Options
    How was your blood pressure? I would just watch the sodium and try to eat smaller meals. They only reason why I say sodium is because pre-e is a bitich!

• Options
    imagejenwet:

I just left my monthly checkup and am up 24lbs total. 10 of which is in the last THREE weeks!

um....what's Five Guys? Please tell- I have no idea what it is, but I want this now. Big Smile

It's a burger joint. It used to just be an east coast thing, but they're expanding. Not close enough to where I live though.

Their burgers are to die for. Much better than any I've ever had (including In n' Out. The West coast can suck it)

• Options

imagejcsntms06:
    How was your blood pressure? I would just watch the sodium and try to eat smaller meals. They only reason why I say sodium is because pre-e is a bitich!

Not sure what my BP was. I assume if they don't tell me it's not that bad. It's been running in the 120s over 70s range... but non-pregnant it's usually in the range of 80s over 40s... maybe that's why they're not too concerned?

• Options
    I hadn't gained anything up until this month where according to their scale I gained six pounds.  in a month!  Everyone say that's not bad, but I am obese to begin with so I'm not supposed to gain as much weight.  I think (i hope) my eating as leveled out a little... the past few weeks I feel like I've been eating everything in site.  I wanted to think today's weight gain was water retention...but I think more than likely it was cookie retention.  or the four pieces of pizza I ate last night followed by peppermint jo jo ice cream from trader joes... 
  • Options
    imagejenwet:

It is a happy, greasy, salty party in my mouth in the form of a cheeseburger.

(And the reason I'm up a total of almost 30 pounds already)Embarrassed

• Options
    imageHannahO28:
    imagejenwet:

It's a burger joint. It used to just be an east coast thing, but they're expanding. Not close enough to where I live though.

Their burgers are to die for. Much better than any I've ever had (including In n' Out. The West coast can suck it)

In n' Out can suck it! I think it is way overrated. However, What-A-Burger is better than Five Guys and In n' Out combined!!!

• Options
    I had my check up today too and I'm up 25 lbs.  2nd baby for me and I just don't care.  Doc didn't seem at all concerned so I'm going with that.  I just don't want to gain 58 lbs like I did the first time.  Now 57.... that's a whole different thing Smile
  • Options

hmmmm.... i can't remember when I last pooped..... Huh?

• Options
    imagegisa886:
    imageHannahO28:
    imagejenwet:

In n' Out can suck it! I think it is way overrated. However, What-A-Burger is better than Five Guys and In n' Out combined!!!

Agreed. Reading this post all I could think was that I would love a Whataburger cheeseburger right now. 

• Options
    imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    imagegisa886:
    imageHannahO28:
    imagejenwet:

Agreed. Reading this post all I could think was that I would love a Whataburger cheeseburger right now. 

That is the nice thing about living in Texas!

• Options
    imagegisa886:
    imageHannahO28:
    imagejenwet:

Them's fighting words, ladies. Don't you go slamming In N Out or the west coast or you'll have me AND my knocked up burger fury to deal with.

Who's sending me Five Guys and What-A-Burger so I can make this call for myself? Any takers?

• Options
    imagejenwet:
    imagegisa886:
    imageHannahO28:
    imagejenwet:

Them's fighting words, ladies. Don't you go slamming In N Out or the west coast or you'll have me AND my knocked up burger fury to deal with.

Who's sending me Five Guys and What-A-Burger so I can make this call for myself? Any takers?

I've had In n' Out and they now have three in my area. Don't like it one bit

• Options

It was around this time during my first pregnancy that I had a huge weight gain.

My monthly appt. is tomorrow and I'm already preparing myself to hear that I've had a huge gain this month and to be "lectured" by my OB.

But 1) I am still way under the weight I was when I was this pregnant with DS and 2) even though I gained 45 lbs. with DS, I lost all of it plus 10+ lbs. more by his first birthday.  I'm hoping the same will happen again this time, so I'm not going to let it bug me...much...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"