Detroit Babies

Relocating to Detroit --looking for hospital, OB & pediatrician

Hi!  I am hoping to get some advice on delivering in the Detroit area.  We are being transferred to the area in January and I will be 30 weeks pregnant.  We will be living in Bloomfield Hills and need to find a hospital, an OB/GYN and a pediatrician (for the new baby and my 18 month old).

I understand that Henry Ford West Bloomfield, Beaumont (Royal Oak) and Providence Southfield are the closest hospitals.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a hospital or an OB/GYN in the area?  I would prefer a female doctor if possible.  I do have some risk associated with my pregnancy due to a thyroid disorder, so that will be a consideration for both the hospital and the doctor.

Finally, I am looking for a pediatrician that would be fairly to our home.  I would like a doctor who is very pro-breastfeeding.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Re: Relocating to Detroit --looking for hospital, OB & pediatrician

• Congrat's and Welcome to the area!

Highly Recommend:  https://westoaklandobgyn.com/default.htm

Royal Oak Beaumont= GREAT EXPERIENCE!! 

=)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi!

I grew up in Bloomfield Hills and still live in the area :)

I had my children at Henry Ford West Bloomfield. It is gorgeous and the staff was great!

My OB's are AMAZING! There are other girls on here that will recommend them to. It is a large practice, but they are the most caring and educated OB's. I was PG 6 times (3 miscarriages and 3 children....) and they have seen me through it all. I have had high risk PG's every time and they helped me deliver 3 healthy babies :) They are located at Orchard Lake & Maple: Women's Health Care Physicians (248.932.9223). There are 3 female OB's (Campbell, Cornelius and Gordinier) and 2 male OB's (Markowitz and Obron). Cornelius is my favorite female by far, but they are all great! They have several ultrasound machines and techs in the office and you can get one whenever necessary. They see you same-day whenever you request and/or have an issue. I cannot say enough great things about them! Here is their website: www.whmcenter.com

Pediatricians: Child Health Associates in Troy (located at Big Beaver & Crooks)). I grew up at this office and again, I highly recommend them. They work out of Beaumont and Henry Ford. My favorites in the practice are: Dr. Koval, Dr. Miral, and Dr. Weinstein, but they are all great! Here is their website: www.childhealthassociatespc.com

Regarding your thyroid: I have thyroid issues too (I have been on meds since I was 11). If you are looking for a great endocrinologist, go to Michigan Endocrine in Berkley. I see Dr. Solomon Rosenblatt, but there are 3 others in the office too. They have been around for years and are very reputable. They know thyroidism and PG VERY well-they will watch you like a hawk and make sure your levels are normal.

Best of luck!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for all of the advice!  I really appreciate it!

• I'm going to 2nd the Women's Health Care physicians and Henry Ford West Bloomfield

They run an amazing practice.  Efficient, thorough and cautious. They were with me through my two pregnancies and one miscarriage i've seen every doctor there.  My fav is Dr. Jeff Obron.  He delivered my son.  I feel confident that you will be extremely happy with them and Henry Ford WB - a beautiful hospital with great staff. 

Good Luck

• One more vote for Henry Ford West Bloomfield--a BEAUTIFUL hospital and the delivery nurses were absolutely super-wonderful--and Womens' Healthcare Physicians. Dr. Mary Cornelius delivered my son and did my stitches (sigh), and I think she did a fantastic job. I also loved Dr. Obron and Dr. Campbell. That said, everyone is excellent at that office--professional and with a wonderful bedside manner.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can not really be of much help for an OB- if I had to do it all over again I think I would be switching my OB.

As far as hospitals- Royal Oak Beaumont is where I delivered. They are great! I have heard wonderful things about Henry Ford W Blmfield too- Have not been there though.

Peds: I have 2 that I love! ... The first one is the one we met in the hospital -her name is Dr. Paye. She has an office off Common Rd In warren. In a Beaumont Bldg. I hear Dr. Fisher there is amazing too. We had to switch insurance companies so we had to leave Dr. Paye when she was 2 months- because I lost my job and I had to go on DH's insurance.

We are now with Dr. Oska @ Macomb Pediatrics- they came highly reccomended and we love him- he is great with our daughter- And now even though we are able to go back to Dr, Paye. We love Dr. Oska so much that reguardless we are going to stick with him =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"