April 2012 Moms
Options

Your top and bottom priorities : baby gear

Personally I am not feeling particularly picky about most of our baby gear items. Ive spent time time browsing to get a feel for what I like, but I'm not dead seat on anything- EXCEPT- the bedding. I found a set that I ADORE, and since its just incredibly expensive, we're having it made.

What baby item are you set on- and what are you feeling very relaxed about?

Re: Your top and bottom priorities : baby gear

• Options

I'm the opposite.  I couldn't care less about bedding, but I'm very picky about the stroller / carseat / furniture because these big ticket items will be used so significantly.

I chose Munire furniture and found a heavily discounted floor model so that I could fit it into my budget.  I wanted that brand becuase they're solid wood and built to last. 

I want a City Select stroller because it's got a lot of versitility including the option to turn it into a double stroller for when number two comes along and it's light / folds easily since I'll be pulling it in and out of the car so much.

I want a Peg Prego infant carseat becuase it fits on the City Select well and has side impact cushioning.  I'm hoping to get a Britax Marathon convertable car seat for similar reasons and because the straps are apparently quite durable and won't twist.

Everything else is negotiable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Don't care about bedding either because a) Team Green, and b) Not doing bumpers, just a fitted sheet.

I really want the Medela breast pump, but my mom is being weird about it, saying my milk may not come in. She never breastfed, and neither did my sis, so I'm the first. *sigh*

I already got the crib, travel system, and extra base, so outside of the pump, the big stuff is taken care of. Yay! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only thing that I really care about is the Rock n Play sleeper and Moby wrap. I have all of my gear from dd, and the car seat doesn't expire until next December, so we will replace the it then. And my cousin will be shipping all of her son's clothes to me. I really just need to get the room ready, dd and ds will be sharing until we move.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My top priorities are the stroller and car seat, since these go directly to my and the baby's comfort and safety. Anything decorative like bedding, while fun to pick out, is lower priority to me. I'm probably only registering for sheets anyway since I won't use most of what's included in sets.

Also, I really want a nice glider; for some reason that is more important to me than the crib even.

• Options
    I had an answer in my head but your siggy pic is so disgusting I lost my train of thought.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options

imageSKWCM80:
    The only thing that I really care about is the Rock n Play sleeper and Moby wrap. I have all of my gear from dd, and the car seat doesn't expire until next December, so we will replace the it then. And my cousin will be shipping all of her son's clothes to me. I really just need to get the room ready, dd and ds will be sharing until we move.

I feels the same about the Moby wrap and the Rock n play. I got a lot of stuff from my sis so I don't really need clothes. We are taking her crib and dresser with changing station on top. I can't wait to get the nursery ready, but we have to wait until she buys the new furniture she needs. Other than that, I really need to figure out the car seat/ stroller situation.   

• Options

I'm flexible with most things, but I really want the Moby wrap, the Beco Gemini carrier, and the Medela PISA. Oh, and glass bottles (probably Dr. Browns but I haven't done all the neurotic researching I need to). There are other things that I definitely want to get but I'm not as concerned about brand, style, features, etc. It seems so variable what people love and hate, so it's hard to predict what features I and LO will care about in the end.

• Options
    imagecountdowntolockdown:

Don't care about bedding either because a) Team Green, and b) Not doing bumpers, just a fitted sheet.

I really want the Medela breast pump, but my mom is being weird about it, saying my milk may not come in. She never breastfed, and neither did my sis, so I'm the first. *sigh*

I already got the crib, travel system, and extra base, so outside of the pump, the big stuff is taken care of. Yay! 

Stick to your wishes on the medela! It's hard to bf in general and when your the first in your family it can be even harder. I'm a LC but was the first in my family and friends to nurse and I feel I've set an excellent example for my sisters and others! Also there are very very few women who's milk won't come in for physical reasons ( often under lying issues) however it can be delayed by babies not nursing enough in the first few crucial days, this can be exacerbated by well meaning family members who intervene it discourage skin to skin and frequent nursing. Nurse as much as you can those first few days and you should be good and hang a good pump for on between it if baby is sleeping will help too!
  • Options

We knew exactly what we wanted for most baby gear, but none of it is really costly.

I've picked out a fairly expensive wrap that I want. (Well, expensive compared to the cost of the Moby or something similar that most people buy but not as expensive as some other wrap brands that people who are really in to babywearing know about.)

• Options

I am picky about the stroller, car seat, and the breast pump (although I think I will wait until I know I can breastfeed to buy the Medela pisa).  I purchased the uppababy vista when it was on sale on zulily, and my H is set on getting a chicco infant seat. 

I am not picky about things in the nursery, probably because the baby will be sharing H's office so we are trying to limit the amount of stuff that will be in there. 

• Options

I am picky about the stroller (baby jogger summit xc), breast pump (Ameda purerly yours since it is a closed system no worries about mold) and the car seat (I'm leaning towards the chicco), bottles (bebek by evenflo)

I'm not picky about all the little things

BabyName TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

even thou bedding and girl clothes have been so much fun to look at- they're the last on my list- havent purchased any of that decorative stuff.

I'm been obsessing/researching on the stroller ( between the graco stylus travel system OR the Chicco Cortina travel system)

and on furniture- crib & dresser

• Options

Thanks for the BFing advice Mrs. Teddy! I know I'm going to get weird looks and stuff from my Mom/sister because they are old school, but I don't care. I'm determined to make BFing work for me and our baby.  Besides they live 2 states away, I don't think I'll see them much after the baby is born unless they come here.

I'm a bit worried about infections though, but that means I should just stop reading the internet...:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"