D.C. Area Babies

Review of Elmo (@ Patriot Center) and PSA about the $10 balloons

Many months ago MIL got tickets to see Elmo, which were her gift to DD on her b-day a couple of mos ago. She paid for their 2 tix and I paid for my own; they were $40. We went today, we parked relatively close and there was no line for the bathroom. There were tons of concessions but DD was a little overwhelmed by everything and didn't realize that's what they were. It was her 1st show (no doubt she learned and will know for any future shows).

the show was music based and she enjoyed herself; when Elmo was off-stage, she'd ask about him, or other characters who were off-stage. I am not too familiar with Sesame St so I didn't know most of the names. Plus, I think they added some, like Rosita, there were a ton of new ones (at least since my BIL was a child, we discussed the show afterwards w/ him). There were a lot of kids much younger than DD (she's 3), and some were not there b/c of an older sibling; I saw a lot of pregnant Moms and many kids older than DD. Some kids were dancing in the aisles, a couple ran up to Abby (?) to give her hugs (some of the characters walked down in front of the stage). It was 45mins, 15min intermission, 30mins.

I think overall it was a good show, 3 is a good age for it, I'd say upto 5 maybe. DS didn't go and I know there is no way he'd have sat thru it. Not sure it was worth $40 but I guess that's what these things cost.

They barely closed the curtains for intermission, when the guy with Elmo balloons came down. MIL asked DD if she wanted one, duh of course she did. Not sure she would've asked for it, she wanted to go up to the main level, as she now wanted to check out the concessions. But 1st we had to get a balloon, it was $10!!! for a balloon!! That I could've bought at Wegman's for 1/5 of that and kept in the car for DD!!  Someone asked me if "there was a fee for those" LOL

Popcorn was $5. I can't believe I got suckered into paying $10 FOR A BALLOON!!!

Re: Review of Elmo (@ Patriot Center) and PSA about the $10 balloons

• MIL bought tickets for my girls (and for me) a few months ago, and we went yesterday.  It was a lot of fun for DD1 (almost 3), but while my 17 month old loved it, she didn't understand that she wasn't allowed to run up to the stage.  We were in the second row on the floor, so it was quite difficult to keep her still.  Luckily for us, neither girl asked for a balloon.  I can't believe they were $10!  Ridiculous!
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Loooooooooong time no see!! I've been wondering how you are!

Congrats on #3, hope to see you around much more!

(MIL suggested I buy 1 for DS (she didn't know the price) too but when I heard the price - the naive little me actually thought "no, I didn't hear that right" - I told DD she better share with her brother)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, it's still very early in the pregnancy, but we saw the heartbeat a few days ago, so I'm feeling confident.  It's great to see you, by the way.  

And can I tell you how happy I was when neither of my kids noticed that the balloons were for sale.  They're new to shows as well, so I think they just didn't realize what was going on.  I would have guessed $5, which would still be slightly ridiculous.

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"