Military Families

Can't Sleep...

I'm just lonesome and I can't sleep. Haven't heard from my DH in a long while... and thought maybe tonight was going to be the night. I was wrong. He's been gone so long, and we still have even longer to go. It just sucks trying to have a baby for years together, finally having one,  having to say goodbye right after she was born, and then having to raise her all alone. He's missing out on so much, and I have no one to share anything with =(

Sorry, I'm just very sad tonight

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can't Sleep...

• I def. know the feeling.
    I hope you start to feel better..if you wanna chat...I'm here! I'm in afghanistan so our nights are your days. so I'm always around at weird times lol

((hugs))

If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • Aww thank you for responding to me. I'm sure you know how hard it is being that you are the one in Afghanistan. He's there too... and I think he just tries to block it out. I just really miss him and it sucks that he has little to no access to contact us while out in the field.
  • Loading the player...
  • Im sorry I know its rough. But just try and think of the homecoming, and how good that will feel. I know it seems like it will never come, but it will. Keep your head up you can do this. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah its hard for me. its my first deployment...and our phones that we used to call home arent working so I havent been able to talk to my husband in a while.  But my husband has deployed twice so he knows how it is...

He probably does just try to block things out. He may be feeling a little sad because its christmas and he cant be home with you and the baby..So my advice is, as sad as you may be...try not to let it be the focus when you DO talk to him.  I tell my husband when he emails me...just talk about ANYTHING! I would rather hear about stuff thats going on at home, like little stuff like what he had for lunch, if traffic was bad, if it snowed or not lol just little things to make me feel closer to him.

And like PP said...just think of the homecoming. Thats what I've been doing lol. planning what I'm going to do when I get back..etc..

If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • You aren't alone. My H is in Afghanistan too. He left when our little one was about 3 weeks old. It's our first deployment since we've been together as well. It's be a HUGE adjustment for both of us. H has been deployed to Iraq 3 times before we were together, so it's different for him this time. We are lucky because we can Skype almost daily and I know many people can not. We try not to think about the things that he is missing but what he/we have to look forward to when he gets home. I also send him an email with a pic or video from our DD daily. It's a just a short email from her point of view.He says it helps him not miss her so much and feel like he's watching her grow up too. It's the highlight of his day!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Try not to dwell on everything he is missing and focus on everything he will be here for. Those firsts are so important to both of you, but he will still get to be such an active part of your daughters life. I know its tough though, and its ok to have bad days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I can't sleep these days either. I'm sorry he's missing the baby after you tried for so long. That is terrible timing! When will he be back?To be very honest, in my opinion, the adorableness really starts to grow in leaps and bounds after the baby turns 9 mos, or even a year. the beginning is a lot of feeding and sleeping and stuff. Right? I say, you'llbe lucky he'll be back for the really cute phase where she waiill actually run to the door saying "daddy!!" how my 15 month old does, it is heart-melting.

my h leaves in feb for almost a year and i have a 3.5yo and 15 month old. I am already feeling so sad and lonely, so call on me anytime. i have terrible insomnia so I'll prob be up!

• Aww thank you everyone for the kind words and support. It really does lift my spirits!

Because we waited to so long to have her, he was just such an amazing and hands on dad -- which is why I feel like he is really missing out - because he enjoyed EVERY single second with her. I would have to beg him to let her sleep in the bassinet instead of on his chest all night long, so that he didn't create that as a habit for me once he left. He had basically a month off after she was born because of the paternity leave + predeployment leave, and I think I only changed maybe 1-2 diapers. He did everything except feed her.

But since he has been gone, in all honesty, it has allowed me to bond with her better and I have her on a much better schedule since he has left. I was a really early walker - 8 months, so I'm just thinking it would be the best surprise if she started walking early (like 9-10 months) and I didn't tell him and then let her run up to him at homecoming. (Thank you ladies for helping me think of homecoming and stay positive!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"