Special Needs

Secret Pregnancy??

Hello All,

I am all bottled up. DH and I are 11 weeks and waiting for a CV test, next week, results will be in two days after Christmas We are hoping for great news, then we will share the pregnancy with the family.

I am so bottle up, and wondering if anyone out there has been here? the secret is being kept because I do not want anyone worried about the outcomes we are both carriers of CF.

I need to just be pregnant today, but do not have anyone to talk to about it..

Any suggestions? Or please share your story of this nature.

thanks,

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Secret Pregnancy??

• My son has a genetic disorder that I am a carrier of.  This baby I'm pregnanty with has a 50/50 chance of receiving it also (mental retardation, vision loss, hearing loss, seizures, hypertonia, microcephaly)

I hate the looks of pity, people asking a million times how we feel, or if we're worried, etc.  We've actually chosen not to undergo genetic testing while pregnant because exactly of your reason.  Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.  Tomorrow I will still be pregnant and still love my baby.  His disorder isn't something that would cause issues at birth outside of possible c-section so it's not critical we know about it before delivery.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Thanks so much.  I appreciate you sharing, it is very helpful.  Big questions, so few answers.  Love is always the best one, I am glad i got to hear it today.

all my best,

g

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"