Georgia Babies

Need a new OB. Please Help!

Hey Ladies!

I moved here in June.  I need to visist an OB here shortly but have no clue who to go to.  With my daughter I went and saw a doctor that delivered ALL her patients and saw you every visit.  She was also great about allowing your body to do its thing without doing things that were not needed.  I really trusted her.

I really want to deliver somewhere on the north side of town.  I am very open to a midwife.  I just really want someone that I know won't make things happen simpliy because they are in a hurry...if you know what I mean.  Any recommendations?  TIA!

Re: Need a new OB. Please Help!

• The best midwife practice is in Atlanta, Intown Midwifery. They deliver at Atlanta Medical Center. It is my understanding that a second midwifery practice that delivers out of North Fulton is opening, but I am not sure whether they are open yet or not, called Atlanta Midwifery I believe. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I see Dr Mary pitcher in Marietta. All female practice but no midwives. But the Drs do make every effort to deliver their own patients.

• Loading the player...
  • Dr. Phoebe Sun delivered both my kids.  She is wonderful - delivers at Northside.  She is very supportive of going naturally - and has done so herself! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I switched from a large heavy c/s/medical intervention practice that delivered my DS to a MW practice backed by an OB. They are moving in January from their Johns Creek office to their North Fulton office. They have taken wonderful care of me so far, as I have had a very rough 1st trimester of this pregnancy. Her name is Diane Tandy(she owns the practice) and the practice is called Gifts from Grace OBGYN. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. www.gfgobgyn.com. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJanimal:
    Dr. Phoebe Sun delivered both my kids.  She is wonderful - delivers at Northside.  She is very supportive of going naturally - and has done so herself! 

I love Dr. Sun - she delivered both of my kids as well.  I just saw her for my annual and we spent about 15 minutes talking about our kids and looking at pictures.  She is awesome!

• imagecare99:

imageJanimal:
    Dr. Phoebe Sun delivered both my kids.  She is wonderful - delivers at Northside.  She is very supportive of going naturally - and has done so herself! 

I love Dr. Sun - she delivered both of my kids as well.  I just saw her for my annual and we spent about 15 minutes talking about our kids and looking at pictures.  She is awesome!

I delivered DS with Dr. Sun. I love her but the wait times in the office are terrible! One of my friends is going there now and they ran extra, unneeded, tests on her and said "oh that happens". I wish Dr. Sun would start her own practice.

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I go to Obgyn of Atlanta. I see the midwives there. Both of my boys were delivered by midwives. I had a great experience both times. They deliver out of northside.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This may be a stupid question but do you have to go natural with a mid-wife?
  • imagekedrin cobb:
    This may be a stupid question but do you have to go natural with a mid-wife?

No. They fully support - and encourage - a natural birth but they do not insist you go natural. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"