April 2012 Moms
Options

Ok tell me if I'm lame or cute

1. For gender reveal party, get hello my name is tags for all guest but instead of their name, they google the meaning of their name and write it. So mine would say hello my name is gracious gift. And dh would be  little raven.

2. For gender reveal at work, make cinnamon buns either with or without nuts (boy has nuts) and a sign that says this honey bun has.... I figure it will take a minute to catch on but then it will be funny. Also may have to give it up if a girl, afraid it wouldn't be cute then.

What do you think are they cute ideas or am I lame? Any suggestions? 

Re: Ok tell me if I'm lame or cute

• Options
    I'm going to be totally honest - I would roll my eyes at both things if I was participating in them. Sorry.
  • Options
    Personally I'm not a fan of the nut-themed gender reveals, but the name tag thing could be cute. The only thing is that not everyone's name means something, so that may make it hard. I'm also not clear on how it results in a gender reveal? But it could be cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJFH2010:
    Personally I'm not a fan of the nut-themed gender reveals, but the name tag thing could be cute. The only thing is that not everyone's name means something, so that may make it hard. I'm also not clear on how it results in a gender reveal? But it could be cute!

I also don't understand how the "my name is" tags relate to a gender reveal party...

Ehh, OP I'm not sure how I feel about your ideas.  Why not just a simple gender specific colored cake or cupcakes? Everyone loves cake.

• Options

Unless your office is super laid back, I'd avoid the mention of nuts.  It just seems crass and unprofessional to me.

I don't really "get" making a big deal of the sex so much that it warrants its own party, but to each their own. 

• Options
    I think both ideas are cute. I wasn't sure if I was going to have a gender reveal because everyone was saying it was too much...but I must say I don't regret having ours at all. It was so fun and special to have all our friends there. They all really got into it and it made it that much more special. I will say though, I didn't do one at work, but I'm not close with my work people like that. I just told them all. Either way, I think your ideas are cute!
    Jess
  • Options
    imagekissyfitt:

Unless your office is super laid back, I'd avoid the mention of nuts.  It just seems crass and unprofessional to me.

I don't really "get" making a big deal of the sex so much that it warrants its own party, but to each their own. 

This is what I was thinking about the nuts. Not really work appropriate.  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

imagein my life:
    I'm going to be totally honest - I would roll my eyes at both things if I was participating in them. Sorry.

I agree.  

Why not just tell people? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just want to add, I don't think there's anything wrong with a gender reveal party. You know your friends, and if they will enjoy the excuse to get together and celebrate, then why not?? I invited my friends to brunch, and we didn't do a "reveal" or anything, but it was fun to tell everyone all together. It was basically a fun excuse to go to brunch with them. There's nothing wrong with that, and I certainly don't think it screams "attention whore," any more than having a shower does. It just means you like celebrating with your friends (duh).

A few women on here have had creative reveal parties - you could always post asking for ideas (just be prepared that you'll get a few snarky, "why even have a party?" posts. Just assume those people don't have friends worth inviting to a party, lol).  

• Options

I'm really into respecting the baby--just because he's little, doesn't mean that he should be treated as less of a person (ie, you won't be seeing me post any pictures of naked baby butts).

I think a party to celebrate a person's genitals is completely mortifying. 

• Options

You said nuts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i would love to attend a party like that. who doesnt want free cinnamon buns?  my name means "follower of Christ"...
  • Options

eh personally I don't get making a big deal about the gender reveal or having a party for it. But that's just me.

The way I see it, nobody really cares THAT much about your baby. You were really excited to find out, people will ask oh is it a boy or a girl and coo a bit, but I'm not sure people would really care enough to have a whole party themed around it.... as the carriers of said baby, we are all very excited about every little development but to the outside world it's just another baby you know...

I think the fact most women have a baby shower is enough of a party that is very baby-focused.

I don't know though. I mean, you could just have all your friends over for a fun party/dinner etc. and just say oh by the way its a boy/girl.

But as I said, that's just ME. I am not really into that stuff. If you feel that this is something your group of friends would be really into, then go for it!

• Options

While I like the play on "nuts", I don't think it's very work appropriate.  I'd suggest going a little less genital on the announcement =).

For the nametag idea, it sounds like a lot of work to me, but a cute idea nonetheless.  I'd probably put their real name somewhere on the tag too if people really don't know each other.  The only thing I would wonder - are you going to have names that don't have good translations (or no translation)?  I'd try to make sure you don't start a trend of creating a bad nickname for someone b/c of their name translation.

• Options
    imageJFH2010:

I just want to add, I don't think there's anything wrong with a gender reveal party. You know your friends, and if they will enjoy the excuse to get together and celebrate, then why not?? I invited my friends to brunch, and we didn't do a "reveal" or anything, but it was fun to tell everyone all together. It was basically a fun excuse to go to brunch with them. There's nothing wrong with that, and I certainly don't think it screams "attention whore," any more than having a shower does. It just means you like celebrating with your friends (duh).

A few women on here have had creative reveal parties - you could always post asking for ideas (just be prepared that you'll get a few snarky, "why even have a party?" posts. Just assume those people don't have friends worth inviting to a party, lol).  

My kinda girl ^

I didnt do a party cuz I hate being center of attention (its a self conscious thing, I think) but hey if someone else was doing one, I'd totally hit up the free pastries! Personally, I would hope my co worker was having a girl... I dont like nuts :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"