3rd Trimester
Options

Heard a new gender OWT today. Have you tried this one?

One of my best girlfriends told me today that you can determine your next child's gender based on where the hair swirl (cow lick) is in your youngest child's head. 

Apparently if it is in the center of the head the next born will be a girl. Off to one side means boy. She says this worked for her three kids, her friends SEVEN kids, and everyone they've tried it on. We even tried it on our own cowlicks and younger siblings, and down through our parents births with flawless results. 

In fact, she told me they've been trying to for two years to find an instance that disproves this old wives tale. Curious by posting it here if we can find someone who says it wasn't right for them. I'm sure we can... but I am curious how often it is right.  

My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com

Re: Heard a new gender OWT today. Have you tried this one?

• Options

How exactly could your child's head predict whether a sperm that has not yet been produced when the child is born was carrying an x or a y chromosome? Even if it's right for everyone, it couldn't possibly be anything other than a coincidence! 

Also, my husband has two swirls, and neither is perfectly centered. His younger sibling is a girl (not twin boys.) 

ETA - just realized how snarky this sounds, so I wanted to say that that's not how I meant it! I'm just honestly flabbergasted by this OWT!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's why it's called an old wives tale and not medical science my dear. They're meant to be fun, not literal.
    My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely false! My son has a cow lick on the right side of his forehead and we are having a girl lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Never heard of this one, but it doesn't hold true for me. If I'm looking at the back of DS's head, his swirl is off to the right. And I'm PG with a little girl at the moment.

I have heard of the one where you look at the shape of their hairline at the base of the neck...something like, if it's pointy your next DC will be the opposite sex, and if it's straight across your next DC will be the same sex. That one makes no sense to me, as it seems like boys would usually have haircuts that affect the outcome!

• Options
    This cracks me up.  I just looked at my youngest's swirl (5 days old) and it looks like LO#3 will be another girl.  Haha! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yay! My next one will be a girl. Just what I wanted and I am not even anywhere near pregnant again (yet).
  • Options
    DS's cowlick is dead center and this LO is another boy so not true for us at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never heard this before, but it doesn't work for me. #1 (DS) has his cowlick on the side, but #2 is a girl. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not true for me either. And neither was the Chinese calendar all my friends were swearing by... The only thing that held true with my pregnancy with my daughter was my horrible skin... but that being said, i'm pregnant with a boy this time and my skin is once more a battle field! 
    The one OWT about the hair pattern on the base of the neck held true for my son though. I think i read somewhere that it was a Native American thing. ou have to have one child to be able to "predict" your next baby's gender, and both children have to be from the same father. When you look at the hairline on the neck of your child, if it forms a point, the child born after him/her will be of the opposite gender. If the hairline is level and/or straight, the next child will be of the same gender. 
    Totally held true on that one. I checked DH's hairline the other day, and sure enough, a point (even though he gets his neck shaved once it grows in a little bit, you can definately see the hair pattern): he has a sister right after him. 
    those OWT can be fun, but they made me obsess over my LO's gender both times LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    I dont really see a connection with hair swirls and sperm BUT looking at my sons head I would be having a girl next.........and I am. I'm really surprised...
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    DD's is off to the side and we're having a boy so I guess it's held true for us.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"