April 2012 Moms
Options

Wow...just WOW! 1st tri rant....

Re: Wow...just WOW! 1st tri rant....

• Options
    Yeah, that was posted on the PgAL board too.  Did NOT go well over there at all!
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just don't understand...I understand "things happen", but deliberately bringing a child into that situation is selfish and hateful.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is very sad and I hate to say this but I feel sorry for her future children.  Hopefully she will gets things straitened out.  I feel like I have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.  I know she posted her whole life story in that post but I honestly quit reading it a third into it. 
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageDragonflyBelle:
    I just don't understand...I understand "things happen", but deliberately bringing a child into that situation is selfish and hateful.

Exactly. This wasn't an accident, she did this deliberately! I feel bad for her poor baby. Sad

I have a "friend" who told me she is TTC, while she posts on FB the following day asking for diaper donations for her current child. I just don't get it. If you can't afford diapers for the kid you already have, WHY would you bring another child into the world on purpose?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good gracious... What a mess. I feel sorry for her future children. Hopefully she can get her stuff straightened out in the next 30 weeks.. That just blew my mind!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel bad for her. She obviously has little family support and has no idea what resources are out there to help her situation.
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    I couldn't even finish reading the entire thing...whoa.  
  • Options
    wow. struggling to muster up some empathy here. I mean, wow ...
  • Options

imageDragonflyBelle:

I totally agree, how selfish to get pregnant on purpose knowing you cannot support the child or yourself. To depend on other people to fix things in your life and take no responsibility for your life ad your choices. People like this infuriate me!!

aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

While I feel bad for her, since it seems like she has little support (and I know we depend on our families a lot) I also feel like since she decided to have this baby she needs to grow up a bit, find some resources and stop making excuses.

There are a lot of people in tough situations but at some point you need to empower yourself and chose to do better, and since she's about to become a mother, I think its about time to do that.

• Options
    anyone care to throw up some cliff notes?
  • Options
    I only read the first couple of paragraphs. Wow. I feel bad for her future child.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I don't feel sorry for her at all!  It's not like she accidentally got pregnant...they were trying and trying during a situation that was not beneficial to them or their baby.  If you can't leave the house due to mental issues (and i'm not saying that in a bad way because I know all about depression, anxiety, and needing help...and I'm all about being open about my situation and knowing that I am a better person medicated {currently not medicated during my pregnancy and I have a ton of emotional support from my husband}).  If there are money issues and she feels "homeless" then she needs to help support her family and get a job.  Being pregnant is a scary thing even for those that are financially and emotionally ready, but if you know you don't have the means to even take care of yourself then why in the world would you try to have a baby?  It just blows my mind!  She can feel sorry for herself all day long but that isn't going to feed her or her baby.  She needs to grow up, be a little bit more responsible, and take it upon herself to look at all of her options instead of hiding in a closet or playing the "whoa is me" card! 

I deal with this crap from students that I teach who continue to get pregnant...it just irks me!  I taught a girl who ended up having 3 children by the time she graduated and I had another student who would try to guilt me into buying her food because she was pregnant and "didn't have food at home" when really her parents cooked for her but she wanted fast food instead of a good home cooked meal!

~Julia~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I can't read this right now! I need to get lunch and sit down with it for a good 10 minutes!! My god!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I responded to her.  I tried to say things as nicely as I could.  I really wanted to say she needs to stop whining and get off her azz and do something about it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She sounds really young.  With no support from her parents (and a super-busy mom, it sounds like), she may not have had anyone to teach her stuff like "how to get a SS card."  I feel bad for her in that sense, but I also think she should know that its not a good idea to purposely get pregnant and attempt to raise a child when you are that inexperienced about "life."
  • Options

imageDragonflyBelle:

I completely agree with you.  The lack of money is one thing many parents overcome.  Children don't need million dollar homes as much as they need stability and love.  But she's a self admitted hermit with clear mental health issues.  I'm sure that helped contribute to making such a terrible decision....   If she can't figure out how to google info on getting a new social security card without falling to pieces how can she ever deal with the stress of being a mother?  

• Options

People should learn how to summarize. Here's how its done:

OP doesn't like that:

1. She got pregnant faster than she wanted to because her ovaries defied her requests for an extension and her invisible birth control failed.

2. She got rid of her dog because her planning skills blow.

3. She lived for free in Section 8, but was kicked out by her dad who was renting out a room in his house to someone else, (even though sub-leasing on Section 8 property is grounds to be booted off).

4. She had to move in with "strangers" who don't grocery shop to her liking.

5. She's a mental case who has agoraphobia, and "seasonal" depression that keeps her from getting a job to help pay for the food her hosts have ignorantly neglected to buy.

.6. She has adversions to food that requires preparation outside of the microwave and the food that is cooked for her by her boyfriend's mother is not "up to par" enough to consume.

7. She is somehow incapable of marching her happyass down to the S.S office to get re-issued a new S.S card, and therefore is incapable of obtaining an identification of any sort.

8. She doesn't like illegal immigrants because they DO march their happy asses to obtain ID's.

9. She is mad that because she is ID less she can rob the system of cash aid, WIC, housing assistance, food assistance and someone to hold the silver platter....all because she's too of her morning sickness to get a job.

10.Her boyfriend's an *** for not holding her hand through the terrible process of picking up a prescription.

11. She's 10 weeks pregnant and hasn't seen an ultrasound...although many places won't do one before 12 weeks.

12.She's starving to death because the world is against her, no one will hire her, the woman who took her in is a *** who calls her "ungrateful" (see number 6 above for justification) and now she has to live apart from "baby daddy" because its suddenly "for the best". Although he will be eating and she will not.

Yeah.....people like that should give up. 

• Options

imageKFCupcake:
    I responded to her.  I tried to say things as nicely as I could.  I really wanted to say she needs to stop whining and get off her azz and do something about it!

I responded too, but less nicely and with more of a tough love approach.  Sometimes I think people like that need a swift kick in the pants.  If she spent half as much time trying to get her sh!t together as she didd writing about her pity party she might actually take a few steps forward in life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageateal2490:

OP doesn't like that:

1. She got pregnant faster than she wanted to because her ovaries defied her requests for an extension and her invisible birth control failed.

3. She lived for free in Section 8, but was kicked out by her dad who was renting out a room in his house to someone else, (even though sub-leasing on Section 8 property is grounds to be booted off).

5. She's a mental case who has agoraphobia, and "seasonal" depression that keeps her from getting a job to help pay for the food her hosts have ignorantly neglected to buy.

.6. She has adversions to food that requires preparation outside of the microwave and the food that is cooked for her by her boyfriend's mother is not "up to par" enough to consume.

7. She is somehow incapable of marching her happyass down to the S.S office to get re-issued a new S.S card, and therefore is incapable of obtaining an identification of any sort.

8. She doesn't like illegal immigrants because they DO march their happy asses to obtain ID's.

9. She is mad that because she is ID less she can rob the system of cash aid, WIC, housing assistance, food assistance and someone to hold the silver platter....all because she's too of her morning sickness to get a job.

10.Her boyfriend's an *** for not holding her hand through the terrible process of picking up a prescription.

11. She's 10 weeks pregnant and hasn't seen an ultrasound...although many places won't do one before 12 weeks.

12.She's starving to death because the world is against her, no one will hire her, the woman who took her in is a *** who calls her "ungrateful" (see number 6 above for justification) and now she has to live apart from "baby daddy" because its suddenly "for the best". Although he will be eating and she will not.

I liked the response you gave her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought that was heartbreaking. My guess is that most people on this board have a support system (both family and social) and don't know what it's like to be without one. Seriously, not being able to get ID is a huge issue that excludes you from an awful lot of social services. Yes, getting pregnant was a bad idea, but that doesn't seem like helpful advice at this point. I didn't read the responses because I hate seeing someone who is having real issues get torn apart. I just feel bad for her.
  • Options
    imageDiamondDani:

imageDragonflyBelle:

Exactly. This wasn't an accident, she did this deliberately! I feel bad for her poor baby. Sad

I have a "friend" who told me she is TTC, while she posts on FB the following day asking for diaper donations for her current child. I just don't get it. If you can't afford diapers for the kid you already have, WHY would you bring another child into the world on purpose?!

i know someone who is jealous of me for being pregnant and she has 2 kids and cant even afford to get them gefts for xmas. theyre getting 2 gifts from charities...total bull 

• Options
    ateal2490.....that was awsome.....makes great sense nowYes
  • Options
    imageateal2490:

OP doesn't like that:

You forgot that she spent her whole life afraid she was baron. If I had to live with the horrible fear of suddenly turning into a member of the lesser nobility, I'd be a mess, too!

• Options

1) The word is BARREN.  BARON is a class of nobility and BARRON is a surname.

2) If you can't figure out how to get replacement ID and a birth certificate - HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO RAISE A CHILD?

3)  She sounds really young and an attention w*ore.  She's not going to be thrilled when her world is not about her anymore.

4) People who are really hungry, don't pissandmoan over food selection.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"