Preemies
Options

Lo's who have had surgey?

My LO is going to have eye surgey on the 21st. Her eyes do not want to work together to look at objects and her Optamolagist wants surgery while she is young. Our family has met our deductible for the year so we are getting it done before the new year.

My question is if anyone's LO has been put under Anesthesia and how it went? How were they afterward

Re: Lo's who have had surgey?

• Options

My LO had a PDA ligation and was under anesthesia. He was really sleepy and groggy for about 2 days afterward and he swelled up quite a lot. I remember the nurses saying it was normal post surgery but he looked so puffy and bloated, it was hard to see. However, nothing was "wrong" with him. He did fine with the anesthesia.

Good luck to you and your LO! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Both of my boys have had surgery.  JS slept most of the day but was fine the next day.  H's surgery entailed a lot more and he was very fussy and whiney from the pain.  

Neither of them had adverse reactions to the anesthesia.

GL to you and your LO! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DS has had 2 surgeries so far...the PDA ligation at 2 weeks old and his trachestomy at about 16 weeks old. He will be having another surgery friday or early next week for a skin graft. Each time he has been under anesthesia he has done well. He is groggy for a day or 2 but seems fine otherwise.

good luck to your LO!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Andrew has had surgery twice, he did very well with the anesthesia.  It went better than I expected.  Hugs!
  • Options

Robbie had stomach surgery at about 37w gestation. He had a hard time afterward. He'd been on a cannula before, but was back on the vent afterward. They kept thinking he'd be off in a few hours, but it ended up taking 3 days. Eventually they decided he was just a "slow metabolizer" and took a LONG time waking. IN the end it wasn't a big deal, but it scared the crap out of me.
    He was then on CPAP another day, but back to the cannula after that and really was fine. It was just a stressful few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"