South Florida Babies

S/O: Vent on Gifts

DH's family is pretty big and Matthew and Rachel are the only kids in the family.  Every year they do a Secret Santa with the adults.  Last year we participated and Matthew sat there while all the adult opened up their gifts.  Matthew didn't get squat from anyone in the family!  Even one cousin gave a gift to another cousin's teenager!  The kid was just playing with the wrapping paper.  Am I wrong to be offended? My kids don't need anything from anyone, but it's pretty sh!tty that they only focus on adults.   Other than the religious part of Christmas, isn't it about the kids?  Their Christmas party is going to be at 10pm this Saturday at his uncles house (an hour away from us) and DH asked if they could make it earlier because of the kids.  They told him we could get there at 9. 

I'm supposed to be getting a phone call today to talk about Secret Santa. DH and I refuse to partake in this again.  This is going to be Matthew's 3rd Christmas and I plan on taking wrap gifts for him and I'm going to hand them out to each of DH's douchebag family members so that they can give it to him.  Passive aggressive, I know.  Screw with me fine, but mess with my kids and your doomed!!!  lol 

Re: S/O: Vent on Gifts

• OMG that is insane and so inconsiderate.  I'd probably do the same as you.  Yes, Christmas is for the kids (obviously after the religious aspect of it).  Not one gift?!  I find that very strange.  Maybe bc they are the first babies in the family, they don't realize / remember the urgency of bedtime?!  GL!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This is horrifying to me. Horrifying! Ugh, I would be so annoyed, too. I love your passive aggressive way of dealing with it, though Wink

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is strange and totally inconsiderate.  In our family we only get the children gifts (every relative/family gets each child a gift).  We decided years ago no gifts for the adults...between aunts/uncles and cousins its too much.  Last year I decided to do a Secret Santa for the adults and it was fun.  There is some family drama this year..some cousins/uncles/nieces aren't speaking so I am not doing it or maybe we will do it for those speaking...don't know.  BUT the kids ALWAYS get gifts regardless.  That's BS!
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Ummmm, yeah. I would be livid. The adults in our family don't really get gifts - only the kids. I mean, I buy for my parents and ILs but that's it. None of my aunts, uncles or grown up cousins get gifts. It's all about the kids.

I love your plan of attack and I think it will speak volumes without being super bitchy. It sounds like that family is kind of out of touch with what Christmas is like for little kids...maybe you'll enlighten them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageEliStar:
    This is horrifying to me. Horrifying! Ugh, I would be so annoyed, too. I love your passive aggressive way of dealing with it, though Wink

This.

But then again, this is coming from the side of the family that wanted mariachis at you're wedding. So I'm not that surprised lol  

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • I'm lying!  Matthew did get a gift his first Christmas when he was 6 months old.  A sweater that was 3T!!  The kid still doesn't fit into it three years later.

Tine, it was maricachis waiting for me outside of the CHURCH!!!  I can't with my DH's family. NO PUEDO!!  LOL

• imageFutureHernandez:

I'm lying!  Matthew did get a gift his first Christmas when he was 6 months old.  A sweater that was 3T!!  The kid still doesn't fit into it three years later.

Tine, it was maricachis waiting for me outside of the CHURCH!!!  I can't with my DH's family. NO PUEDO!!  LOL

Lol, believe me, I remember!

I also remember being threatened if they showed up and were allowed to play LMAO. 

Good times.  

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

Ummmm, yeah. I would be livid. The adults in our family don't really get gifts - only the kids. I mean, I buy for my parents and ILs but that's it. None of my aunts, uncles or grown up cousins get gifts. It's all about the kids.

I love your plan of attack and I think it will speak volumes without being super bitchy. It sounds like that family is kind of out of touch with what Christmas is like for little kids...maybe you'll enlighten them!

this exactly!! What does you DH say about it? Does your family participate in the secret Santa or just his? I know way would I except this!! I'm totally with you..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No way!!!  We have a Secret Santa for the adults but we get gifts for every single kid!!! I definitely like your approach though! lol 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• That is completely messed up. I would be pissed too. I love your way of dealing with it, because if I were in your shoes I would tell them all to ef off and not go! And that time is a little bit ridiculous, but w/e. I guess you have to make the best of it, hopefully it goes much better this year. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise you and bring things for the kids!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • that is sooooo wrong. I cannot believe how selfish the adults are. the kids should get gifts from everyone in the family. how can they not realize that? wow. im speechless. and no you are not wrong to be offended, i would be too.
  • WOW, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
  • Wow! That is crazy! Like others mentioned, the kids are the focus in my family. I probably wouldn't even go considering they start at 10 p.m. So, I think your way of dealing with it is probably better. Seriously, WTF?!
  • We ended up not going!  DH didn't want to go and since the kids had a runny nose he used that as his excuse (evil, I know). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"