South Florida Babies

Gift ideas - please share

I need to get a move on with my shopping!  I've bought a few gifts (most importantly the family kids), but have no clue what to buy Dh, inlaws, aunts, cousins, etc.  If you have some good gift ideas, please share!  I'm sure others can use them besides me.  : )

---My finds--

We have a gift exchange in Dh's family, and I got a preteen girl, so I got her an adorable necklace and bracelet set from Nordstrom BP.

Estee Lauder has an adorable Michael Kors set, but it is a purchase with perfume purchase.  I'm thinking of getting it for my sister.

Snapfish has 3for1 on photobooks now... not sure when it expires.

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Gift ideas - please share

• We also have a gift exchange with my husband's side of the family but we do it by "wish list". So there are 3 things on the list and we get to choose 1. 

I ended up getting nice shirts for most people - brother, SIL, parents, hubby's mom. I got my sister a nice scarf since it is very cold in Mexico. 2 of my husband's nieces we got a charm necklace and a couple of cute hair bands and clips.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageAlbah:

We also have a gift exchange with my husband's side of the family but we do it by "wish list". So there are 3 things on the list and we get to choose 1. 

We tried that one year, but everyone's list consisted of GC to 3 different stores.  Not fun.  No one liked the idea.  Oh well.  I usually don't have issues with the exchange... it is the more important people I have difficulty with. 

MIL requested an evening clutch, which I got, but I wanted to get her something more.  She does watch the boys for us daily, and she doesn't expect anything in return.   

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not much help because our family decided that gifts are only for the kids.  We've been doing this for a few years now and it's been great.  There is no pressure to find that perfect gift for a ton of people.   

Check out Groupon and Living Social.  You can find some really cool deals there! 

• I already took care of all the kids on my list which is the majority of people I buy gifts for. Now I have to do my parents, my brother, his GF and my in-laws. May have to get something for DH's grandparents and aunt and uncle but (not to sound rude) I just get them whatever little thing (usually from Home Goods or something) to "quedar bien" without putting too much thought into it (terrible, I know...we're just really not that close to them but they always expect gifts from us regardless). I will probably get each of my grandmothers something simple, like a framed picture of Emma or something.

My MIL is probably the hardest one to shop for...I have no clue what to get her. My FIL is really into painting right now so we will probably just get him a gift certificate to an art store so he can buy painting supplies like brushes, canvases, etc. What sucks is that his birthday is December 29th so I never know whether to get him two separate gifts or just one big gift.

For my mom, I know for sure one of her gifts will be a photobook of a vacation we all took together this year. Not sure what to get for my dad yet. Maybe some CDs (yes, my dad is old school and has not embraced the MP3 player) or books, since he loves books and reading.

Not too sure yet what to get for my brother and his girlfriend. His girlfriend should be pretty easy since I could just get her something cute and girly like some nice makeup or perfume or accessories. But my brother is harder and to avoid trying to figure out WTF to get for him, I might just give them a "couples" gift...like a gift card to a nice restaurant so they can have a romantic dinner out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecocojack10:
    imageAlbah:

We also have a gift exchange with my husband's side of the family but we do it by "wish list". So there are 3 things on the list and we get to choose 1. 

We tried that one year, but everyone's list consisted of GC to 3 different stores.  Not fun.  No one liked the idea.  Oh well.  I usually don't have issues with the exchange... it is the more important people I have difficulty with. 

MIL requested an evening clutch, which I got, but I wanted to get her something more.  She does watch the boys for us daily, and she doesn't expect anything in return.   

Yeah, I know what you mean about the gift card "wish list." haha This year they gave us a less than 1 day notice so I ended up having to choose "gift card". But I agree, it's nicer to get an actual gift.

Something we did last year was a digital photo frame for the grandparents. We bought the frame, put in several pictures with the grandkids/family and they loved it. You can never go wrong with  memories. ;)  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageAlbah:
    imagecocojack10:
    imageAlbah:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the gift card "wish list." haha This year they gave us a less than 1 day notice so I ended up having to choose "gift card". But I agree, it's nicer to get an actual gift.

Something we did last year was a digital photo frame for the grandparents. We bought the frame, put in several pictures with the grandkids/family and they loved it. You can never go wrong with  memories. ;)  

I love memories gifts.  We have gotten photo book for grandmas before.  I like the idea of a photo frame... the ones that you can remotely send photos to, but my inlaws have more grandkids than ours, and I know SIL isn't up to speed to sending your kids photos... so I think it isn't fair for it to only display photos of my boys.  LOL  I am getting framed photos of the boys for the great grandmas... they always love updated pictures.

-- Jackie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"