April 2012 Moms
Options

Who would you rather be your daughter's role model?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who would you rather be your daughter's role model?

• Options

Ummmm HERMIONE! of course!

I'm going to start reading the Harry Potter books to my kids when they are very young! I hope they can pick up on the strength of all the different characters. Even Snape was an admirable character in the end. Rowling is such an eloquent writer that one can almost feel empathetic towards Voldemort, as young Tom Riddle. It's not hard to imagine the kind of mental break that has to happen to jump from innocent child who was mistreated to evil wizard who wants to conquer the world. 

Edited: Apparently I'm not that eloquent of a writer! LOL 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I tend to think the Twilight books/movies sort of portray Bella as not really having a distinct, independent personality, so I have been cringing at the "Bella as role model" thing for a while. Her life revolves around the men in it, and if you took them away, not much of a person would be left. Not to mention that some of the stuff with the werewolves seem to justify domestic battery. Ugh. (I haven't all read the books cover to cover, mind you, so I might be misunderstanding some things.)
  • Options
    I love it!
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Hermione, FTW! Hubby and I are both hardcore Harry Potter nerds. We've been to the Wizarding World and I may or may not have a Hermione wand...

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's great!
  • Options

imageMamasaurus:
    Well, I tend to think the Twilight books/movies sort of portray Bella as not really having a distinct, independent personality, so I have been cringing at the "Bella as role model" thing for a while. Her life revolves around the men in it, and if you took them away, not much of a person would be left. Not to mention that some of the stuff with the werewolves seem to justify domestic battery. Ugh. (I haven't all read the books cover to cover, mind you, so I might be misunderstanding some things.)

This. I'm about 30% through Breaking Dawn and I was just telling DH that Bella is a terrible heroine/role model. I'm enjoying the books, but I want to punch Bella in the face. She is the most annoying main character ever. I wish it could have more Alice, less Bella lol. Stephanie what's-her-face still has nothing on Anne Rice, IMO.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LOL!  I gotta admit as much I LOVE twilight, Bella has never been my favorite person and I've always found her to be whiny and weak.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageerniebufflo:
    Hermione, FTW! Hubby and I are both hardcore Harry Potter nerds. We've been to the Wizarding World and I may or may not have a Hermione wand...

I want to go there so bad! We might be headed to Florida/Georgia next Thanksgiving time, and if we do then going to the Wizarding World is on my to-do-list!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"