April 2012 Moms
Options

Is anyone's heart skipping a beat?

This may have been brought up before, I don't know.  I feel like the past week this has been happening at times.  I knew I read where our heartrates would get faster, but I wasn't sure about this or not.  I have had a history of mitral valve though, so maybe it is related to that?  They listened to my heart last week and everything sounded good, but it's not something that occurs all the time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anyone's heart skipping a beat?

• Options
    This happens to me all of the time! I was at the grocery store the other afternoon and my heart was pounding like I had just run a marathon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also have MVP. I notice it skip more now than I do when not pregnany. When I asked my midwife, she said it's because of the higher blood flow because of the baby. Should return to normal after pregnancy. If its anything that worries you, please ask your OB!

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just keep track of how often it happens and what you're doing when it happens.  Then keep your OB/MW aware if the symptoms continue. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    Yes, I feel like I'm having heart palpitations.  I most often notice it as I'm going to bed.  I've read this is pretty common in pregnancy.  If mine ever are accompanied by other complications, I'll definitely talk to my OB about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    I was just at my OB last week, but of course this wasn't occuring then..which is usually how it goes!  I will definitely call if I get concerned though.  Having a history of it, I just figured pregnancy may cause it to happen more often.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"