April 2012 Moms
Options

Week 7: Mystery illness still lingering

Yesterday.

Just saying, to all you ladies who are still suffering with SOB/chest pain/cough/vomitting, etc. 

The end may not be near.

Yesterday, I woke up with DD around 7am to be nice to DH.  Well, I got her up, and her diaper changed.  Then the coughing started and I ran to the toilet.  DD was crawling all over me as I was barfing and keeping her off made me throw my neck out.

I really fear this will continue after delivery.

I have to reschedule my cardiology follow up because I have to give a training at work.  They wouldn't let me out of it. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: Week 7: Mystery illness still lingering

• Options
    Thinking of you! Do they know what it is?

• Options
    It sounds awful..I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this. Hope you find some answers soon!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you been to the doctor? I had a semi dry/semi wet cough for about 3 weeks, where I would go into coughing fits for a minute or so at a time. I went to the dr. last week and found out I have bronchitis. I was able to get a prescription that is safe for baby, and am not quite feeling better yet, but it was def. worth getting checked out.
    BabyName Ticker imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imageCourtneyM09:
    Have you been to the doctor? I had a semi dry/semi wet cough for about 3 weeks, where I would go into coughing fits for a minute or so at a time. I went to the dr. last week and found out I have bronchitis. I was able to get a prescription that is safe for baby, and am not quite feeling better yet, but it was def. worth getting checked out.

Yep.  The ER (did CXR and chest CT) and most recently the cardiologist (did 2 EKGs, an echocardiogram, and a Holter monitor).

I don't have bronchitis or a pulmonary embolism.  My lungs are clear, despite me coughing up GOBS of yellow sputum every day. 

My heartrate is high.  100+. 

My blood pressure is at the very low end of normal.

Albuterol didn't help.  ZPac didn't help.  Mucinex helps the coughs be productive.  Zofran doesn't help (no longer nauseated, just puking).  Unisom helps me sleep, but I'm still vomitting in the morning from coughing.  I'm still taking all of these even though they don't really help.

I'M A MEDICAL MYSTERY!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    My gosh this sucks! I can't even imagine what else it could be. Just try to stay hydrated so that crap is easier to cough up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"