New Jersey Babies
Options

Possible relo to Bergen County

Hi ladies, I hopped over here from the Atlanta board.  My husband has a possible job move coming up and I have a few questions if you don't mind. 

We have two kids, a girl, almost 4 and a 15 mo old son.  We have pretty much settled on Englewood as the place we want to live, based on schools.  1st question, does anyone know anything about the Donald A Quarles early education center?  I am interested in a Reggio Emilia school for preschool-prek and that looks like its the only one. 

Do you know of any other towns that are comparable to Englewood in price and schools?  It's hard to move from Atlanta, land of the new, prefab, enormous homes, back to NJ, land of the older, smaller homes with no closets.   FWIW, my husbands office is in PA, but he only has to be there once a week, so we want to be closer to the city.

My husband grew up in Englewood, we moved to Atlanta from Greenwich, CT where we lived when we met and got married.  So we know the area fairly well.  But we do not know the area with kids, which changes the landscape of what to look for, as you know.

Can you recommend a great pediatrician, dentist, GP, or anything else that I'm not thinking of?  Realtor maybe?  

I won't need daycare.  TIA!  

Re: Possible relo to Bergen County

• Options
    I do not know much about this area, but I would ask this question tomorrow on the NJ Nest board there is a lot more action on that board and they would be able to better answer all these questions. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Englewood is really not a very nice area
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think PARTS of Englewood are GORGEOUS.. other parts, not so much.  when my DH and I moved out of NYC we thought of it over there, but the reason we did not end up there is that the public schools are NOT so great.. and they have high-taxes.  Tenafly, which is right next door has good public schools.. costly and high-taxes as well but at least you get the good schools and are nearby to Englewood. 

I grew up more north then Englewood, so I tend to like it better up here (Which is where we ended up) but if you have 2 kids I think that schools are important to think about. 

best of luck!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Proud Preemie Momma & Lovin my little girlie! :)http://thislovelyhome.com ~ all about being a mom and home design http://staceyilysephotography.com ~ my photography
  • Options
    i grew up near englewood, I agree with pp, some parts are phenominal, others not so good.  Public schools there tend to not get the greatest reviews, although if you can get your kids in the charter school there I have heard good things abouth them.  There are alot nicer towns within a close distance, englewood has a "city" feel... IMO not ideal for little kids.  I recommend checking out the website wwwnjmls.com, it gives house listing with taxes... generally the higher the taxes the better the district
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"