December 2011 Moms

anyone else walking around dilated & effaced?!

just got out of my 38 (39) week appointment and I'm slightly (ok maybe more) freaking out!! My midwife said the baby was about 7 1/2 lbs, and that I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced!! She also said the baby was at -1 station, which I am gonna have to go back to my baby book and figure out what all that means!

She thinks I may have my baby this weekend!! omg omg

Funny thing is, I haven't had a SINGLE symptom of impending labor. I have my next appointment scheduled in one week but she doesn't think I will make it that long.

holy crap. Am I ready for this??? BF just told me to keep my legs crossed. Tongue Tied

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: anyone else walking around dilated & effaced?!

• Im 2cm and 50% effaced ... Ive been carrying on like normal ... with no signs of labor ... Im also at a + station

A friend of mine is 3cm and 70% effaced shes at a - station ... shes doing the same thing

Sorry but none of those things necessarily mean anything in terms of when labor will happen 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hoping she is right! I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, but I really don't think it means anything. MY BF was not dilated at all, Dr said she would be a while, and she had the baby two days later. Another friend was 4cm for almost 2 weeks, and had her THIRD baby one day shy of 41 weeks. You never know when your little munchkin will want to come out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been dilated since 36 weeks

I'm 3/4cm and almost 100%, +1 station since Monday and still no baby for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been at a 3 and 75% effaced for a week now, and still no baby.  It's all a mind game!  lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
  • I'm 39w1d and on my appt on Tuesday I was 1 cm, 70% effaced and at +3 station.  Anytime now...come on already lol   I've been having very few BH and in fact, I think I was having more 3 weeks ago.  I see my doc again Tuesday, two days from my due date and have my fingers crossed.  He's surprised I've held out so far, being my 3rd and my last LO was born at 38 weeks.  I've been having some lower back pain the past couple of days which is unusual for me, but I'm not sure if it's really a symptom or not.  I'm like a beached whale which I could attribute it to, but this LO is sunny side up from what I can tell so maybe I can blame it on that, being at +3 station and all.  I feel like I'm carrying a bowling bowl or a watermelon between my legs and I truly feel like my water could break any moment.
  • 1 cm and 50% effaced as of Wednesday! Not much but its progress. I also haven't had many symptoms. I've been using a birthing ball daily though which my dr. said can soften the cervix
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP - 2/5/14
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was 1 CM, thick cervix and high baby at 35 weeks. At my 37 week (this weeks) apt I was 2 CM, 75% effaced and baby was sitting at a -2 station. Obviously I wont really know if it means anything for a couple more weeks, but my guess is that it means nothing and I will carry to 40 weeks. Im hoping for a 39 week birth though because Id much rather her be born the week before Christmas because my life would be easier in the long run, but whenever she comes is fine.

Either way, it honestly means very little until you start having regular contractions. 

• You sound like me a week ago! ;-) Last Friday, I was 4 cm and 80% effaced, 0 station and having contractions. Nobody thought I'd make it through the weekend, but I'm still here and baby's still cooking. Today I'm 5 cm, 90% effaced and +1 station! But no baby so far and still inconsistent contractions. It's like all the pieces are in place, someone just needs to flip the switch!

Best of luck! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I'm fully aware that I could still be pregnant a week from now, which the thought of that kinda sucks! It's so exciting for me, being a first-timer. I can feel really mild menstral cramp-like contractions, but nothing powerful enough for me to go to the hospital over. I almost wish I could check out my own cervix now because I was pretty surprised when the midwife told me how dilated and effaced I was. I wasn't expecting that AT ALL. I hope that the baby doesn't just fall out with no warning.

It's sinking in to the BF because he has been packing his own hospital bag for the past 2 hours. LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 3cm, 75% effaced. If he's not here by Dec 21, I will be induced... so hopefully he chooses to come on his own!

I had no idea I was progressing, and to be honest, I've been blowing everything off as normal pregnancy pains, but I've begun to believe I may be having irregular contractions (for the past weekish?) along with my frequent BH. I still think my back pain is just back pain though.

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• I've been 4cm and 50% effaced since Wednesday with no contractions or signs of labor whatsoever. 
    TTC Baby #2 Since May 2014
    BFP February 6th 2015!!!
    EDD October 15, 2015
  • I'm 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, minus mucus plug, have experienced bloody show... and four days later, still no baby. I'm not really feeling any contractions (just menstrual cramps), so who knows? Baby may be here past his due date, for all I know.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• imageheatherom:

Yeah I'm fully aware that I could still be pregnant a week from now, which the thought of that kinda sucks! It's so exciting for me, being a first-timer. I can feel really mild menstral cramp-like contractions, but nothing powerful enough for me to go to the hospital over. I almost wish I could check out my own cervix now because I was pretty surprised when the midwife told me how dilated and effaced I was. I wasn't expecting that AT ALL. I hope that the baby doesn't just fall out with no warning.

It's sinking in to the BF because he has been packing his own hospital bag for the past 2 hours. LOL!

I know how you feel. I was disappointed when we were sent home from the hospital (at 5 cm! But I was only 37w4d so they wouldn't induce or break my water). I kind of wish doctors wouldn't say things like "I don't think you'll make it through the weekend" because really, who's to know for sure? It just gets your hopes up and then it stinks if it doesn't happen! On the bright side, it's nice to dilated and not have been in much pain so far. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"