April 2012 Moms
Options

Duggar Update

https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552365,00.html

She was 19w1d when they had the u/s that showed the heart was no longer beating. One of her daughters had just listened to the HB on a doppler on Nov 25th. She is waiting for the m/c to happen naturally due to the type of cut they had to use for the c/s of her last baby. So sad. I cannot imagine waiting at home to miscarry such a late pregnancy. Awful. Crying

imageVisit The Nest!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Duggar Update

• Options
    That is awful.  I don't really care for the Duggars and the way they have whored out their fertility to make money, but I do feel very sad for them.  I late m/c like that would be devestating.  Especially since they involve their entire family with each pregnancy so it's not just her mourning the loss, it's every one of those kids.
  • Options
    Sad That's so sad.  I can't imagine just waiting at home to miscarry... poor woman.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So....they are naming the baby Caleb.  Not a J name.  I wonder why that is...

Edit: reading fail.  They named the baby from their first m/c Caleb.  got it.

• Options

I just responded on the original Duggar thread, but it's pretty far back now so I'd like to repost my thoughts here. I was an April mommy who lost her baby at 17 weeks and occasionally still lurk on this board. I was pleased to see everyone's sympathy for Michelle and that no one bashed her - no matter her choices, no one deserves this.

If she was 19 weeks it is legally still a miscarriage; at 20 weeks it becomes a stillbirth, but that is really just semantics. Even at 17 weeks, I don't consider it a miscarriage because I labored, gave birth in the hospital and held my tiny baby in my arms. She will be doing the same and my heart goes out to her. 

Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • Options
    imageTheOriginalSP:

I don't know, maybe there's a Biblical meaning to it? 

eta: It means heart. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTheOriginalSP:

They named the first baby they miscarried right after Josh Caleb.  I don't think they had the intention of naming all the kids J names at that point.  They just liked Josh and then when they liked the other J names they went with it.  I'm sure once this one is delivered they will name him with a J name.

I am so heart broken for them.  I know how it feels to carry around baby and wait to m/c.  I couldn't stand it and ended up getting a D&C.  I hope this process is quick for her so she can start healing.

• Options
    :((((
  • Options
    Regardless of what people may think of this family on a personal level, it is still so heartbreaking to hear news like this. I can't even imagine- a m/c is horrible any time, but after basically reaching the 'half way' point? Devastating.  
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    This isn't meant to be insensitive, just a comment..if she was 19 weeks, 1 day on Thursday, wouldn't she be a May mom? The reports are all saying she was due in April 
  • Options

imageHannahO28:
    This isn't meant to be insensitive, just a comment..if she was 19 weeks, 1 day on Thursday, wouldn't she be a May mom? The reports are all saying she was due in April 

Maybe since she already had a c-section date scheduled in April they are saying April? 

• Options
    how heart wrenching
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have a FB friend whose status is "I would never wish a miscarriage on anyone, but is it bad that I'm totally okay with Michelle Duggar losing her 20th baby?? Those two are f-ing nuts!"

I want to respond, "Yes, it is bad.  It's awful, in fact.  A baby died, WTF is wrong with you?"  But I won't b/c I'm chicken like that. 

• Options
    imagePatella1129:

I have a FB friend whose status is "I would never wish a miscarriage on anyone, but is it bad that I'm totally okay with Michelle Duggar losing her 20th baby?? Those two are f-ing nuts!"

I want to respond, "Yes, it is bad.  It's awful, in fact.  A baby died, WTF is wrong with you?"  But I won't b/c I'm chicken like that. 

Indifferent  wtf is wrong with people??!

imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePatella1129:

Ohhhh my goodness. I would be too chicken also, but I hope someone else says something! No, I do not agree with the Duggars in their decisions...but non the less they have experienced a great loss that no one should be ok with EVER. Your right, a baby died. That status is pretty disturbing to me.

• Options
    imagePatella1129:

I think you should.  I'm getting sick of all the harsh comments all over the place.  Yes, the Duggars are nuts and should not have conceived this baby.  The last baby should have been their cue to stop.  But it was still a baby, an innocent life and NO ONE deserves to lose a baby.

(Not directed towards you, Patella, I'm just getting so upset that people seem happy about a baby dying....like your FB friend....almost like they're gloating about what the Duggars have to go through now.)

• Options
    imagePatella1129:

You should totally say something. That's awful. I'm sure all of her friends would agree with you if you spoke up.

• Options
    imageKristin83:
    imagePatella1129:

I think you should.  I'm getting sick of all the harsh comments all over the place.  Yes, the Duggars are nuts and should not have conceived this baby.  The last baby should have been their cue to stop.  But it was still a baby, an innocent life and NO ONE deserves to lose a baby.

(Not directed towards you, Patella, I'm just getting so upset that people seem happy about a baby dying....like your FB friend....almost like they're gloating about what the Duggars have to go through now.)

I agree.  It's like, "Wow, that's awesome that their gut-wrenching tragedy causes you to feel so superior to them and happy about your own life choices." 

• Options
    imagemay2806:

I just responded on the original Duggar thread, but it's pretty far back now so I'd like to repost my thoughts here. I was an April mommy who lost her baby at 17 weeks and occasionally still lurk on this board. I was pleased to see everyone's sympathy for Michelle and that no one bashed her - no matter her choices, no one deserves this.

If she was 19 weeks it is legally still a miscarriage; at 20 weeks it becomes a stillbirth, but that is really just semantics. Even at 17 weeks, I don't consider it a miscarriage because I labored, gave birth in the hospital and held my tiny baby in my arms. She will be doing the same and my heart goes out to her. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I have a stillborn at 22weeks last April.  I also had to labor, deliver, hold my sweet baby, and then go home without him. 

I can't imagine what kind of people think that they deserve this kind of tragedy.  Whether it's your first baby (mine was), or your 21st baby, it is still a child that you love and had hopes and dreams for.  Most people who haven't been through it, can't truly understand.  I know that I didn't truly understand until I went through it.  It was the hardest thing I've ever been through, and is still difficult.  No one deserves that kind of pain, and no baby deserves to die.  My heart breaks for that family.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wonder how long they will wait to have her miscarry naturally?!?  She lost the baby 3 weeks ago and nothing is going on with her body yet.  If she waits too long she runs the risk of infection.  I really hope it goes quickly for her.  I know once I learned my LO passed at 13 weeks I wanted him/her out asap (plus my dr. told me the longer I wait the more chances of me developing an infection).  It was just too depressing to know that he/she was gone but still in my tummy.  My heart truly goes out to her and her family.
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePatella1129:

Wow, I wouldn't have been able to hold back. I actually did post something on my FB after seeing a bunch of other people basically saying she got what she deserved for getting pg again. It pissed me off.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"